How long for spouse USA Visa

MikeB
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Depends on what the kid looks like, in my opinion. 

Our kid looks 100% kano. We did the filing at the Cebu consulate, they just gather docs and send them to the embassy. Because the birth wasn't quite 9 months since date of marriage that flags it as suspicious and they wanted a DNA test. I found an old photo and an email and they finally accepted that as "proof of prior relationship" but there was a lot of back and forth. It was a great relief, besides the several hundred dollars in fees I wanted no part in taking a 2 month old baby to Manila.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, MikeB said:

Our kid looks 100% kano. We did the filing at the Cebu consulate, they just gather docs and send them to the embassy. Because the birth wasn't quite 9 months since date of marriage that flags it as suspicious and they wanted a DNA test. I found an old photo and an email and they finally accepted that as "proof of prior relationship" but there was a lot of back and forth. It was a great relief, besides the several hundred dollars in fees I wanted no part in taking a 2 month old baby to Manila.

We have been lucky with our two kid's embassy work.  With one exception, we have done all of their embassy work at outreaches right here in Subic Bay.  I hate going to Manila but had to go to the embassy to renew my now 8 year old's passport about 2 years ago.

The outreaches are an interesting people watching experience.  And perhaps an easier place to get CRBA approved??? 

There are many tables set up in one big room for all the different embassy departments.  CRBA, passports, SS, notary, VA, etc.  Then there are ~100 waiting chairs set up, and you can observe all the participants.  Americans and their families, with lots of small kids.  We look at the young kids applying at the CRBA desk and speculate if they will get instant approval or not, based on their looks.  Sometimes there will be a dark skinned Filipina there with a dark skinned Filipino looking kid but no husband.  Good luck with that!

Last year I took my 10 year old to the outreach for her 2nd passport renewal.  I ran into a friend getting CRBA for his granddaughter!  Actually just helping.  This is a weird one.

He and his wife are both Fill-Am.  They moved from U.S. to Subic about the same time as I did, 2012, with their 2 daughters. A few years ago, their youngest daughter, about 18 at the time, got into a relationship with a Fil-Australian boy whose family I also know.  They had a baby girl.  So the baby has Filipino grandma, Australian grandpa on one side, pure Filipino blooded Fil-Ams on the other side.  Maybe she can have triple citizenship?  FilAmAus?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It takes you to another URL.  Brand new program, effective June 24, 2024.  I am not sure what circumstances are involved or who qualifies.

https://www.uscis.gov/

Rooster
Posted
Posted

She will have to obtain a Philippine Passport.

There is no standard timeline. I know Americans who are married to Filipinas, some of their wives/fiancee's were denied visas, some still waiting, some, their process met with no problems. Your country of birth is Philippines so I assume you are a Filipino. Have you considered contacting a professional Visa service in Bonafacio? Years ago, I had to be in the US in to apply for the spouse Visa and you must be able to meet financial support requirements for her to qualify. I had to return to the US, file from there. I recall it took around 6 to 8 months from the time i filed in the US.  After all the paperwork was completed and prior to her appointment, she went to the Visa service and they acted as they were the Embassy, had her enter the room, asked her a series of questions on what to expect, what to wear. We were spending 6 months in the US, 6 months here for 4 years. We decided to live here permanently, and she was able to convert her green card to a 10 year tourist Visa so she can come and go to the US as a tourist.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

It takes you to another URL.  Brand new program, effective June 24, 2024.  I am not sure what circumstances are involved or who qualifies.

https://www.uscis.gov/

That's Brandon's new program to legitimize illegal spouses who have lived in the U.S. 10 years illegally.  It is an insult to those who immigrate legally.  He is just trying to buy votes.

• Love it 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That's Brandon's new program to legitimize illegal spouses who have lived in the U.S. 10 years illegally.  It is an insult to those who immigrate legally.  He is just trying to buy votes.

This post can remain as there is an explanation of the program.  Any further post of the program that involves politics will be deleted or hidden.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Vegas_Vol_2021
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2024 at 8:36 AM, Rooster said:

She will have to obtain a Philippine Passport.

There is no standard timeline. I know Americans who are married to Filipinas, some of their wives/fiancee's were denied visas, some still waiting, some, their process met with no problems. Your country of birth is Philippines so I assume you are a Filipino. Have you considered contacting a professional Visa service in Bonafacio? Years ago, I had to be in the US in to apply for the spouse Visa and you must be able to meet financial support requirements for her to qualify. I had to return to the US, file from there. I recall it took around 6 to 8 months from the time i filed in the US.  After all the paperwork was completed and prior to her appointment, she went to the Visa service and they acted as they were the Embassy, had her enter the room, asked her a series of questions on what to expect, what to wear. We were spending 6 months in the US, 6 months here for 4 years. We decided to live here permanently, and she was able to convert her green card to a 10 year tourist Visa so she can come and go to the US as a tourist.

I'm a U.S. Citizen, born in the U.S and lived there most of my life.  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Vegas_Vol_2021 said:

I'm a U.S. Citizen, born in the U.S and lived there most of my life.  

I don't think that will make any difference in the timeline to bring over a Filipina wife to the US.

• Like 1