First Impression!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gutenberg said:

Man, a total crazy couple of days!

Thanks for the update! Seems as though it's become quite the adventure. 

LOL, "you should buy a lot"!!!!! :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

Man, a total crazy couple of days!

I met a girl from Tinder, a 25 yo dreaming of being a stewardess type of girl (just graduated and says that she has a friend working in some local airline who will help her), she drove with her car to me and 1 week later I am driving the car, sleeping in the house of her parents deep somewhere in the Baguio / Ilocos province, and talk about marriage and kids. Super red flag included: I feel she's kinda a hostage of her entire family (parents + brother), her mom's third sentence was "you should buy a land lot" (:laugh::laugh::laugh:).

What the F. How did that happen. I am literally only 2 weeks here! :laugh:

I also got called Joe the first time! And I got my first gym bro, some doctor (who's probably gay but a nice dude).

So far, I really can say, I love it here! The Internet is awesome, the connection to EU better than in Thailand.

Except the dogs, and the cockerels. It's driving me crazy.

Well, as I did say in a previous post - they can smell fresh meat!

Good luck in your adventure!

• Like 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

Except the dogs, and the cockerels.

Recognise that wherever you go, whereever you sleep ( except in cities, or well managed subdivisions ) there will be cockerels.

At 6pm they fly into the trees to sleep. At 3.30am the first ones wake up. And I doubt anyone ever really gets used it.  Weclome.. its more fun here.

wait till Miss Car says she needs money for her car, or a relative wants you to share your blessings, or  she wants something for "your future" lol. The learning curve is steep...

• Like 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Freebie said:

Recognise that wherever you go, whereever you sleep ( except in cities, or well managed subdivisions ) there will be cockerels.

At 6pm they fly into the trees to sleep. At 3.30am the first ones wake up. And I doubt anyone ever really gets used it.  Weclome.. its more fun here.

I have the feeling everybody around me is totally immune against sound. A dog literally barking for 1 hour between 3am and 4am and the only one who's bothered by it is me. :89:

1 minute ago, Freebie said:

wait till Miss Car says she needs money for her car, or a relative wants you to share your blessings, or  she wants something for "your future" lol. The learning curve is steep...

I am pretty aware of how it works. After 20+ Thai girlfriends, the game (drama creating, love bombing, ghosting, and so on) is basically always the same, just the speed amazes me and the effort and that I didn't plan it (wanted to focus on work) but my Tinder is literally exploding (10:1 match ratio PH vs. TH). I will definitely stay around to see if the stewardess thing is gonna become real, because, yeah. :laugh:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

I have the feeling everybody around me is totally immune against sound. A dog literally barking for 1 hour between 3am and 4am and the only one who's bothered by it is me. :89:

You are correct. Filipinos generally seem to be immune from annoyance (to most of us) sounds and love to make noise as in; their beloved karaoke, singing without karaoke, radio, TV and Facebook (with the canned laughter, laughing hyena, siren and boing effects repeated over and over again) whistling, horn tooting, loud motorcycles.

I have seriously considered buying noise cancelling headphones or a noise cancelling stereo system. But there are times - at least in our neighbourhood - when it can be very quiet, especially at night, with just crickets, frogs and many cool bird chirpings during the day.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

I have the feeling everybody around me is totally immune against sound

Ya not wrong there, last night we had the annually barangay fiesta disco which is LOUD and ends 2am. My wife and her niece slept through it as always. Me I know I can't sleep with that din, luckily for me England kicked of at 12 am and it went to extra time then penalties so it was very late the  time I went to bed, slept like a log.

BTW England won on penalties.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

There’s two things that they love in life, Rice and Noise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jimeve said:

Ya not wrong there, last night we had the annually barangay fiesta disco which is LOUD and ends 2am. My wife and her niece slept through it as always. Me I know I can't sleep with that din, luckily for me England kicked of at 12 am and it went to extra time then penalties so it was very late the  time I went to bed, slept like a log.

Watching England is enough to send me to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"P2"
Posted
Posted

Try watching the US play.... it'll put you in a coma.

• 2 weeks later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2024 at 12:39 PM, jimeve said:

Update,

They are having a disco every Saturday night until end of July then have 2 nights of ear bashing. Wife took her 2 nephews who are visiting us from Bohl.

An angry foreigner come up to the wife and asked who do I complain to for this din, wife pointed to the an organizer they weren't interested, so he said I'm going to the police, Okay they know about it wife said to him, so he said I will tell the president about this. Lol I laughed out loud when wife told me.

Found out he lives about 800 meters from the disco, I live about 100 meters. There are some foreigner's living right next to the disco I bet their ear drums are dancing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1