DCC vs The Angry Midget

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Back to the topic -

I have started to watch the series on Netflix. Pretty poor fare to be honest and very little to keep me entertained other than the obvious :whistling:.  

I find the management team so far out of touch with the modern world it's comical in itself.  And the nepotism is also clear with a significant number of the 'team' have mothers who were also on the team - in addition the current group includes a candidate whose sister was on the team the previous years.  Given the competitiveness of getting a place it seems highly unlikely that this would occur naturally. That said, we see the same in football/soccer with sons of famous players getting their chance - not surprisingly very few actually make the grade. 

Poor program but great viewing! :hystery:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Huh...

Rugby Ball

image.jpeg

Football Ball...

image.jpeg

:hystery::hystery::hystery:

Football.jpeg

I guess you have never watched American/Canadian football? Different game, same name... Gee, that looks similar to a rugby football to me?

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Football.jpeg

I guess you have never watched American/Canadian football? Different game, same name... Gee, that looks similar to a rugby football to me?

Rugby football is not football nor is it rugby and is, in fact, the correct term for two different sports - rugby union and rugby league.

Given us Brits invented rugby league, rugby union and football (soccer if you like) I reckon we can claim some right to call them as they were intended.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Rugby Ball

image.jpeg

Football Ball...

image.jpeg

I was just showing above what you were comparing American football with rugby and soccer balls...

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

I would love to see a rugby team play against a football team.  One game of rugby and one game of football.   Maybe a basketball or hockey game as a tie breaker?

We'd need to use Netball and maybe Shinty with no adverts. 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Used to watch Australian Rules Football (?) back in 90's... I think it was on ESPN in the USA early in the morning... guess it's different than rugby... but looked pretty crazy to me.  But if you want to get the wife's attention... forget the DCC... turn on women's beach volley ball... puts the DCC's dancing around to shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2