It’s confirmed: Chinese woman Guo Hua Ping is Mayor Alice Guo

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

Time for one of those "lifestyle checks" on some of those employees eh?

Unfortunately, when (pretty much)  everyone is eating from the same trough there is little hope that any checks and balances can work.

And here's little old me not being able to get my driving licence handed to me to help alleviate corruption :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

The Philippines records have been in a mess since day dot, and not only the Philippines, other countries have been too. It has only been, since electronic records have started to be kept that flaws in all the system are coming to light.  When my wife got her birth certificate it had flaws in the text and when I applied for my Australian birth certificate, the wrong dates were on it. But Australia went through all this that the Philippines are going through and we had disruptive countries registering their citizens as Australians but they were weeded out. Philippines will get there, they are starting to cross check all their paperwork now.

• Hmm thinking 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Clermont said:

. But Australia went through all this that the Philippines are going through

wow, you had foreigners paying off Australian officials to obtain a passport?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Well given all the caveats you stated are impossible, my guess is you have had a change of heart.    Filipinos agree with you :)  

@craftbeerlover I edited your post to include the text of the article per forum rules.  Please post any article text in the future.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Senator involved in Senate probe reports death threats.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/other/gatchalian-reports-threats-made-against-his-life-for-probing-alice-guo/ar-BB1q3HpA?cvid=634479a2edff4f4ea907c0393476d46a&ei=24

MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian has sought the help of police after receiving threats to his life supposedly for his active participation in the Senate probe into illegal Philippine offshore gaming operators (Pogos).

Gatchalian reported these threats to the Pasay City Police Station through a letter to its substation commander, Police Major Benjamin Mandane.

“I am writing to formally report an incident involving threats made against my life,” the senator said in the letter dated July 4.

“These threats appear to be a consequence of my active participation investigation on the Philippine Offshore Gaming Operations (Pogo) connected to Mayor Alice Guo of Bamban and the Guo family,” he said.

Guo is the subject of the Senate committee on women’s probe over her alleged ties to illegal Pogos. She is now ordered arrested by the Senate for her repeated failure to attend its hearings.

READ: Arrest Alice Guo, others – Senate 

According to Gatchalian, he was informed by his staff about a video circulating online containing “explicit threats” directed at his personal safety and well-being.
“The creation and online dissemination of this video has caused me substantial concern for my security, as well as the safety of those around me, particularly my family and staff,” the senator said.

Related video: Gatchalian reports threats made against his life for probing Alice Guo | INQToday (Inquirer)
Senator Windachalian is seeking the help of police after receiving

Gatchalian reports threats made against his life for probing Alice Guo | INQToday

“In light of these serious threats, I formally request that the Pasay City Police initiate a police report on this matter and conduct a thorough investigation. I urge you to take swift action to ensure the safety of myself and those associated with me,” he added.

Based on the transcript of the video attached to the letter, Guo allegedly paid her men P10 million to silence Gatchalian and Sen. Risa Hontiveros.

Hontiveros has been leading the probe as head of the Senate committee on women.

INQUIRER.net is still trying to get the side of Guo through her lawyer, Stephen David.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2024 at 9:02 PM, Old55 said:

Forum members can freely share their opinions here not everyone is going to agree and that's Okay.

ORLY? Has there been a change of policy? I'd be delighted if I could express some righteous indignation concerning some people's political leanings.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

And that's why we need to keep politics out of it, particularly American politics where you guys are so polarised that reasonable debate is impossible. Sorry,  I know that's blunt but the forum survives because of the policy, not despite it.

I guess what Old55 meant was we are allowed to have a difference of opinion on any topic we're allowed to discuss.

Could not have said it better myself.  Thank  you for the post. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2024 at 1:51 PM, craftbeerlover said:

She is gone, never to be seen again.   I cant imagine the difficulty she must have experienced to evade the long arm of the law here, she must be some kind of genius escape artist. 

I was only about a week off

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I heard somebody or other on the radio this morning - it was almost comical  to listen to the comments. I say almost comical because this type of nonsense is anything but funny. 

• Like 1