It's a bit hard to find serious people for even small tasks in PH.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

My idea with the thread is finding someone reliable i can count with for mailing me the sim card.
Can you do it? 
Or can you recommend someone who can mail me the sim card?
I'll transfer some money for the favor.

When you buy a SIM card it must be registered when you buy it.  Suggest to go to Lazada and order a sim for delivery to Europe.  You will be asked to provide ID and pictures of ID.  No one is going to buy a SIM in there own name and send it to you.  You can either buy from Lazada or buy when you arrive.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, f5m9v6 said:

My idea with the thread is finding someone reliable i can count with for mailing me the sim card.
Can you do it? 
Or can you recommend someone who can mail me the sim card?
I'll transfer some money for the favor.

Many here can probably do but perhaps you havent dealt with PhilPost previously. Super slow.  most of my mail from Uk takes about 6 weeks.

Most of us use couriers , such as DHL at P4500 a times or LBC or JRS , much cheaper but less reliable in some instances

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

On our last visit last October we found sim card registration to be overly burdensome, so we found an old lady in the neighborhood (where we are well liked) to do it for us. We may need to go that route again during the next visit because our sim cards are probably expired and nonfunctional. So what? How are the authorities going to be the wiser?

RBM
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

On our last visit last October we found sim card registration to be overly burdensome, so we found an old lady in the neighborhood (where we are well liked) to do it for us. We may need to go that route again during the next visit because our sim cards are probably expired and nonfunctional. So what? How are the authorities going to be the wiser?

Good move, when the sales lady did mine she just said I put your nationality   as Filipino as much easier.....K go for it, couple minutes done.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Personally, and including L, we both think this registration system is total bullshit! We now get each on our cell phones many more spam messages than even before this stupid registration system...

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Im getting several concerning the expiry of my globe Rewards ( even though they long ago expired ).. and the messages on Whatsapp are coming from Ethiopia !

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I almost never got spam messages before and nothing has changed since registration. 

As for the process,  whilst I did my own so had the extra hoop to jump through - but was it so hard to attach a pic of my ACR? No - but would probably just get my wife to do in future.

We got a new SIM a month back - Globe staff did everything including adding to our Globe One account and done and dusted in 5 minutes. 

Possum
Posted
Posted

Finding serious people is easy, knowledgeable is another matter. Having intermittent shutdown of our PLDT internet for the last month we called them. Reminde them we had a typhoon which may have damaged the fiber but I don't think that registered. First guy brought a new modem which helped with wifi speed but of course did nothing about loss of internet. Next person said our signal strength was -35db and that meant our usage was too high causing the system to shut down. Besides the fact that made absolutely no sense whatsoever on any level we had nothing connected to the internet at the time. While in conversation with this 'expert' we could hear chickens and karaoke so we told them to send someone asap. I expect to see someone this week. Starlink may be in our future

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We have had a much better experience with PLDT... Here, they seem to be rather proactive and fix things regularly. But there have been a number of developments in this area so that may be the source of our few issues. Overall, I am fine with the service here.

Possum
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We have had a much better experience with PLDT... Here, they seem to be rather proactive and fix things regularly. But there have been a number of developments in this area so that may be the source of our few issues. Overall, I am fine with the service here.

My experience with PLDT has also been good until something happens which has not been often but it can take a couple of trips by different guys to get things sorted out. My speed this morning was 400+mbs download which is fine until it goes to 0. :wink: