SRRV - Any agents in Sydney, Australia?

JoshLedger
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

Thank you for accepting my request to join this community. We are a family of 4 from Sydney, and we would like to move to Philippines as we have additional needs. We did explore other countries to relocate, and decided to move to Manila. Do we have any Aussies who have done their SRRV. Or Do we have anyone who can advise me whether or not we should use a migration agent to do the SRRV.

Appreciate your time

Cheers!!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am not from Oz, however I did get an SRRV here. You need to apply when here in P.I. not from overseas. There are a number of hoops to jump through, but I did it all myself. As with everything here, the process may be more or less difficult depending on your location, but my experience here in Davao was very positive. Being in Manila will make yours much simpler for the final steps of certifying some documents. I had to travel to Manila in order to visit my (USA) embassy and then the P.I. Department of Foreign Affairs.

I feel the SRRV is a great option, although it is expensive, what with the US$10k deposit plus application fee plus annual fees. I can travel out of the country whenever I please and return with no hassles. I can work here or start a business (some extra conditions though for starting a business).

So, good luck and welcome to the forum!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Josh! :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Josh.  Have you visited the Philippines?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Welcome Josh.

As Tommy said, you have go through the process in the Philippines.  There's plenty of agents here in PI to assist you and they shouldn't charge you any fees as they're paid by the PRA to do just that.  There are some bad faith agencies that will attempt to charge you so once they do, move onto the next one. There's always the option to do as Tommy did and contact Philippine Retirement Agency directly and they'll step you through the process in the same manner an agent will.  

Just to let you know, if you're a former Aussie military vet regardless of length of service, the deposit amount is only $1500USD rather than $10000USD.  The ex-military option applies to any former serving members from any country that has a current military related treaty/agreement with Philippines, which Australia does.  I recently confirmed this when I was still tossing up between the SRRV and spouse visa. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

Just to add to the solid advice you have already received.   Unless things have changed, you can and should accomplish most of the requirements in your home country before coming to the Philippines.   Once here, you absolutely do not need to hire any outside agency to help you with the process.  As stated, just go to the PRA office and they will provide all the assistance you need.   Good luck!

• Like 2

Me2
Posted
Posted

To also add to the excellent advice already given.... If your wife is a former Filipina, then the deposit is also USD1500.00.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Me2 said:

To also add to the excellent advice already given.... If your wife is a former Filipina, then the deposit is also USD1500.00.

Hoe about if she's a current Filipina? 

Me2
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Hoe about if she's a current Filipina? 

Then she doesn't need an SRRV or any visa. And I believe you would have to pay the USD10,000 deposit. I'm have not confirmed this info. The wife and I have discussed it. We've tossed around the idea of her reacquiring her Philippine citizenship. But don't see the benefits of it. Not to mention the possibility of the US changing their policy on dual citizenship and her losing her US SS benefits.

• Thanks 1

Me2
Posted
Posted
Just now, Me2 said:

Then she doesn't need an SRRV or any visa. And I believe you would have to pay the USD10,000 deposit. I'm have not confirmed this info. The wife and I have discussed it. We've tossed around the idea of her reacquiring her Philippine citizenship. But don't see the benefits of it. Not to mention the possibility of the US changing their policy on dual citizenship and her losing her US SS benefits.

Unless you are ex-military as stated above.

• Like 1