SRRV - Any agents in Sydney, Australia?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Me2 said:

Then she doesn't need an SRRV or any visa. And I believe you would have to pay the USD10,000 deposit. I'm have not confirmed this info. The wife and I have discussed it. We've tossed around the idea of her reacquiring her Philippine citizenship. But don't see the benefits of it. Not to mention the possibility of the US changing their policy on dual citizenship and her losing her US SS benefits.

I misunderstood.

I thought you meant that if the applicant's wife was a former Filipina the deposit was $1,500.  I made this errors because the majority of SRRV applicants are male (I think!) and I made an incorrect assumption. 

• Like 1

Me2
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

I misunderstood.

I thought you meant that if the applicant's wife was a former Filipina the deposit was $1,500.  I made this errors because the majority of SRRV applicants are male (I think!) and I made an incorrect assumption. 

Yeah I can see where I wasn't clear on that. My wife was the applicant and I was the dependent.

• Thanks 1

Georgebob
Posted
Posted

If you want to PM me I have a Filipino lawyer migration agent in Melbourne Australia who does Skype calls and is very low cost 

• 2 weeks later...
JoshLedger
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

Thank you for your advise. I have booked an appointment here in Sydney consulate to get more info and start the processes her. I am not a VET, and am happy to pay 10K USD.

Adding on, I will be visiting Manila end of this month, and will stay there for a week.

I'll also visit the PRA Office, get informed before I start the process.

And, my wife is not a Fillipina. And we all 4 want to move to Ph. Hope it is not 40K USD.

Thanks for your replies..

Hope to meet you (atleast some of you) in Manila soon.

Cheers,

Josh

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JoshLedger said:

Hello All,

Thank you for your advise. I have booked an appointment here in Sydney consulate to get more info and start the processes her. I am not a VET, and am happy to pay 10K USD.

Adding on, I will be visiting Manila end of this month, and will stay there for a week.

I'll also visit the PRA Office, get informed before I start the process.

And, my wife is not a Fillipina. And we all 4 want to move to Ph. Hope it is not 40K USD.

Thanks for your replies..

Hope to meet you (atleast some of you) in Manila soon.

Cheers,

Josh

It appears the fee covers you and your wife, but each additional dependent (after first two) cost $15K.  So a single additional 15K assuming the children are under 21 and unmarried.   Many government processes in the Philippines are slow and arduous but the PRA has very good reputation for being quick and efficient.  Good luck and please keep us posted of progress.

<snip>The amount of the Visa deposit depends on the SRRV Option that the applicant has chosen. A principal applicant may include in his application his spouse and children who are below 21 years old and unmarried, as his dependents. In cases that the Principal applicant will include more than two (2) dependents, an additional visa deposit of US$15,000.00 for each additional dependent must be remitted under the name of the Principal applicant; <end snip>

source = https://pra.gov.ph/SRRVisa?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uK0BhC0ARIsANQtgGOhvuuTcohdINtEbnfoqlvXS9DRrk5FCpwGXC0OR162Tzvg-Ry4o9kaAizPEALw_wcB

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

It appears the fee covers you and your wife, but each additional dependent (after first two) cost $15K.  So a single additional 15K assuming the children are under 21 and unmarried.   Many government processes in the Philippines are slow and arduous but the PRA has very good reputation for being quick and efficient.  Good luck and please keep us posted of progress.

<snip>The amount of the Visa deposit depends on the SRRV Option that the applicant has chosen. A principal applicant may include in his application his spouse and children who are below 21 years old and unmarried, as his dependents. In cases that the Principal applicant will include more than two (2) dependents, an additional visa deposit of US$15,000.00 for each additional dependent must be remitted under the name of the Principal applicant; <end snip>

source = https://pra.gov.ph/SRRVisa?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uK0BhC0ARIsANQtgGOhvuuTcohdINtEbnfoqlvXS9DRrk5FCpwGXC0OR162Tzvg-Ry4o9kaAizPEALw_wcB

I wonder what happens when the kids become 21 - I assume they would then need to seek an alternative visa type. 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wonder what happens when the kids become 21 - I assume they would then need to seek an alternative visa type. 

I could not find the answer for the SRRV, but did find this for the SIRV (invest 75K) visa.  I suspect the same answer would apply and the dependent would need his/her own visa.

<snip>Children over the age of 21 are no longer considered as valid dependents of SIRV holders. The
SIRV of such children would no longer be honored. It is recommended that the SIRV principal
holder requests for the cancellation (if the child out of the country) or downgrading (if the child is
within the country) of dependent's SIRV at least one (1) month prior to the child's 21st birthday. The
child should secure another visa independent of the SIRV principal (e.g. study visa, employment
visa, his own SIRV, etc.) if he wishes to continue residing in the Philippines.<end snip>

source https://boi.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/SIRV-FAQ.pdf

• Thanks 1