Posted
Posted

5 years of hard Labour , sounds just like a prison sentence :bash:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, I wish you all the best. Not my place to comment good or bad just hope things will somehow improve. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

Steve, I wish you all the best. Not my place to comment good or bad just hope things will somehow improve. 

Without getting into politics, when the government loses an election by such a massive landslide you have to acknowledge they weren't doing a great job.

Not confident Labour will do any better mind you!

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Without getting into politics, when the government loses an election by such a massive landslide you have to acknowledge they weren't doing a great job.

Not confident Labour will do any better mind you!

So true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Three things will very probably happen soon to affect us. Interest rates will rise, taxes will rise and the exchange rate will fall!  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Three things will very probably happen soon to affect us. Interest rates will rise, taxes will rise and the exchange rate will fall!  

:89: I  tend to think this would have happened whatever the recent result :tiphat: 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

And immigration will increase.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

It would be unusual for interest rates to rise and the exchange rate to fall but you never know.

Rising taxes is pretty much a given.  

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We are traveling around Great Britain by cruise ships with Southampton as our hub.  Watching the political news on BBC every day, I can't help but notice how bias they have become favoring one party.  Gone are the days when the BBC had the best worldwide reputation for neutrality.  US media companies are well known for their bias, but not the BBC.  At least not in the old days when reporting was straight forward.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

but not the BBC.  At least not in the old days when reporting was straight forward.

I think JJ that is just your opinion,many others don't think That at all.

Is BBC News trusted?

BBC World Service

The BBC is the world's most trusted international news broadcaster – committed to providing accurate, impartial, and independent news to audiences across the UK and around the world.Apr 12, 2024,

Source QUORA