End of the world as I new it

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

We are traveling around Great Britain by cruise ships with Southampton as our hub.  Watching the political news on BBC every day, I can't help but notice how bias they have become favoring one party.  Gone are the days when the BBC had the best worldwide reputation for neutrality.  US media companies are well known for their bias, but not the BBC.  At least not in the old days when reporting was straight forward.

Still up there though.

https://www.purevpn.com/blog/unbiased-news-sources/

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I think JJ that is just your opinion,many others don't think That at all.

Is BBC News trusted?

BBC World Service

The BBC is the world's most trusted international news broadcaster – committed to providing accurate, impartial, and independent news to audiences across the UK and around the world.Apr 12, 2024,

Source QUORA

I was commenting on their reporting about British elections.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I was commenting on their reporting about British elections.

As I say Your Opinion I as a Brit did not find any real Bias at all

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

We are traveling around Great Britain by cruise ships with Southampton as our hub.  Watching the political news on BBC every day, I can't help but notice how bias they have become favoring one party.  Gone are the days when the BBC had the best worldwide reputation for neutrality.  US media companies are well known for their bias, but not the BBC.  At least not in the old days when reporting was straight forward.

You know what BBC really stands for........ British Bias Cooperation.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

You know what BBC really stands for........ British Bias Cooperation.

In the United States, we have Fox News and MSNBC, both noted for their political impartiality (tongue in cheek).  Wait a minute, Fox News is owned by the Murdoch family, which is British.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

In the United States, we have Fox News and MSNBC, both noted for their political impartiality (tongue in cheek).  Wait a minute, Fox News is owned by the Murdoch family, which is British.  

It's a bit of a stretch to say the Murdoch family is British. Of Scottish origin yes, but that was 100-odd years ago. Rupert Murdoch was born in Australia and I've never heard of him being described as anything other than Australian or Australian-American. 

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's a bit of a stretch to say the Murdoch family is British. Of Scottish origin yes, but that was 100-odd years ago. Rupert Murdoch was born in Australia and I've never heard of him being described as anything other than Australian or Australian-American. 

My mistake.  I believe I read Murdoch residing in London and assumed he is Brit.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My mistake.  I believe I read Murdoch residing in London and assumed he is Brit.

No, he just has good taste! :smile:

• Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The BBC is the world's most trusted international news broadcaster – committed to providing accurate, impartial, and independent news to audiences across the UK and around the world.Apr 12, 2024

Update.. WAS

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

Uh, sorry, that list is a complete joke.  NPR and PBS?

• Like 1