Asking price and what you actually pay for House/Lot

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Graywulf said:

Are condo prices seen online (Dotproperty for example) accurate? Or are these as subject to inflated prices for used units as house/lot appear to be?  I'm likely as a single, to be 'condo bound' as a property.

They give you a ball park figure but like most property sites in the Philippines prices can be inflated and sold properties left advertised for years. 

My personal experience is boots on the ground, approach the owner direct and make an offer. I've seen the same property advertised with prices varying by 5m. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2024 at 9:58 PM, Graywulf said:

Are condo prices seen online (Dotproperty for example) accurate? Or are these as subject to inflated prices for used units as house/lot appear to be?  I'm likely as a single, to be 'condo bound' as a property.

I never had much luck with Dotproperty, local Facebook for sale groups were better in my experience and actually asking people from the area even more helpful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Graywulf
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2024 at 12:14 AM, GeoffH said:

I never had much luck with Dotproperty, local Facebook for sale groups were better in my experience and actually asking people from the area even more helpful.

well gthe intention is a 'fact finder trip' first,, to look at a few possible locations.. so I'll bear that in mind to look at local FB selling groups... i've used 'dotproperty' mostly as it seems to have a big list of condo's for sale, but already 'noticed' multiple adverts for the same unit, with varying prices, as well as 'advertised for',, (paid to owner, then you pick up the balance of mortgage, or attempts that buyer pays all fee's... I am slowly learning lol

• Like 2