Srrv best one for us

max 123
Posted
Posted

Hope someone can help us. My wife and I are looking for the Philippines SRRV best for us to apply for my wife has a pensioner over $800 USD but I do not receive my pension until 2028 we have a house to live in the Philippines so no warrys about accommodation we know we have to put $10,000 USD in a approved Philippines bank but do I have to put the same as her spouse how daughter in law is a Philippine .any information much appreciated.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, max 123 said:

house to live in the Philippines

Welcome Max. 

Just to be clear. If you have a house in the Philippines (or your wife maybe?) Does that mean one of you is now or has been in the past a Filipino citizen? If so you would not need an SRRV.

• Like 1

max 123
Posted
Posted

Hi Scott 

Thank you for replying sorry should have said we have a place to stay in Philippines my daughter in law house until we can move into our own place.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Max.   Could you clarify the current, and previous if applicable, citizenship of both you and your wife?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, scott h said:

Welcome Max. 

Just to be clear. If you have a house in the Philippines (or your wife maybe?) Does that mean one of you is now or has been in the past a Filipino citizen? If so you would not need an SRRV.

Just as a point of interest, didn't a poster on this forum mention the other day that former citizens only had to deposit $1,500 - this would suggest they still needed an SRRV otherwise why would they need a deposit of any kind?

• Like 1

max 123
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike 

My wife and myself are British citizens looking for the best SRRV to apply for. My wife has a uk pension and I will not get mine till 2028. It states on the PRA page if you have a pension over $800 USD you have to deposit $10000 USD in bank in Philippines or without pension $20000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, max 123 said:

Hi Mike 

My wife and myself are British citizens looking for the best SRRV to apply for. My wife has a uk pension and I will not get mine till 2028. It states on the PRA page if you have a pension over $800 USD you have to deposit $10000 USD in bank in Philippines or without pension $20000.

If I am reading their site correctly, your wife could apply for the SRRV with you as a dependent.  Monthly pension requirement of $1,000 per month.  So only a single SRRV would be required.  You would want to make sure this is correct prior to proceeding with the process.

source = https://pra.gov.ph/SRRVisa?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ri0BhAvEiwA8oo6F43Bs2NBcqtB1yJxtlCTzbFsG_Mtkx66Czpoa_h73MElaNloLe5OOxoCBQoQAvD_BwE

<snip>

SRRV Classic with Pension (for 50 years old and above).
Authenticated/Apostilled Proof of Lifetime Pension - at least US$800.00/month for single applicants and US$1,000.00/month for applicants with dependents. Said document must be translated to English, if issued in another language, and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consular Office nearest the place where the Clearance was secured from or Apostilled by the issuing country’s competent authority, whichever is applicable SRRV Courtesy (Former Filipino)

<end snip>

• Like 3

max 123
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike J 

So it looks like my wife can get SRRV classic with a $10000 USD deposit and myself to deposit $20000 USD Until I receive my pension in 2028 so I can use the deposit to rent a place.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, max 123 said:

Thanks Mike J 

So it looks like my wife can get SRRV classic with a $10000 USD deposit and myself to deposit $20000 USD Until I receive my pension in 2028 so I can use the deposit to rent a place.

You would not need to deposit any money.  Your wife would apply for the SRRV visa listing you as a dependent.  You would then be covered under the her visa without having to do a deposit.

• Like 1

max 123
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike 

I must have read it wrong as it stated on SRRV that as a couple must have a pension of I think $1400 USD per month my wife's pension is $954 USD per month also it looks like we have to visit the Philippines embassy in London with passports and marriage and birth certificates to get them authentication or can we do it all in the Philippines.