BEER

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Ah... I finally remembered the local beer from where I went to school - Pfulinger Brau. Wonderful draft beer. And in the student TV lounge in the basement of my dorm there was a vending machine that sold bottles of another, national brew.

• Like 1

Erik
Posted
Posted

This beer is our Dutch very, verybest brewed 🍻 beer. Even the Germans like to drink and Reinheitsgebot proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

What me really do like drinking in the Philippines is Sam Miguel light. We used to drink in Spain on vacation at the Costa Brava. All day hahaha on vacation. Premium beer it is. Really good, I love to drink beer.

But, aber, the best brewed beer on this small planet comes undoubtedly from Belgium. Even the French drinks. Thanks the lord and his monks.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

No No you’ve got it all wrong, some of the brews you’re written about a bloke can hardly get his toung around the words, how the bloody hell do youse get pi’s=Ed when your ordering a beer. XXXX is the beer, no words needed,drunk or sober just a X on the bar and taste’s good too 

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

noticed that they had Budweiser 16 oz cans.

Probably expensive too!  We have it around here at "imported" beer prices!

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Probably expensive too!  We have it around here at "imported" beer prices!

They often have the 330ml bottles on sale at our S&R and, unfortunately, my wife bought me 24 bottles.  I think they were around 1050php so pretty much the same price as San Mig Light. San Mig Light is a much superior 'beer' in my opinion.  I instructed her not to make this mistake again! :smile:

A few weeks back they had Chang for the same price but in cans - not my preferred choice but I bought a case of 24. Not bad. 

Gas
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

No No you’ve got it all wrong, some of the brews you’re written about a bloke can hardly get his toung around the words, how the bloody hell do youse get pi’s=Ed when your ordering a beer. XXXX is the beer, no words needed,drunk or sober just a X on the bar and taste’s good too 

XXXX is made for Shandy Drinkers. Bit like some of the weak American style lagers. 

Tenants Super Lager was our drink of choice when we were teenagers. Full flavour lager with a high alcohol content! 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Gas said:

Tenants Super Lager was our drink of choice when we were teenagers. Full flavour lager with a high alcohol content! 

Downed a lot of those in my youth. Guinness was my drink later on in life, couldn't get to like the larger type beer but Steller Artois was refreshing.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Erik said:

Belgium

We drank a lot of Belgium beer when I lived in Bonn, Germany.  The problem was, we could not buy it in Germany.  Germany is very protective of their beer industry.  Luckily, we had an office in Brussels so a lot of people drove back and forth, and we could put in orders!

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

Though my beer drinking days are few and far between now I have always enjoyed a cold beer on a hot day. The best I had was in the Dominican Republic. Wherever I went the national beer Presidente was ice cold, even in the country side. I was told it was a requirement at the time the beer be kept at 40F or the seller could lose his permit to sell. Maybe they knew the beer would deteriorate at the high Caribbean temperatures, at any rate it worked for me. In the middle of nowhere I could buy a bottle and it would frost up once set on the counter. Refreshing

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What IPA's do you all like made in Philippines? And where do you find them?

Here in Washington State we have some amazing IPA's. I'm like Possum, only drink a few beers once a month or so.