Soccer (I Mean Football)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Jamaicans are trying to impress the Filipino crew on our ship about their knowledge of football after England's win over the Netherlands.  Several Pinoy waiters during breakfast ask me what the odds are.  They want to wager the Jamaicans.  I don't know, as a non-football aficionado, but the odds makers seem to favor Spain.  Am I wrong?  There are around 1,500 passengers on board who are British and, if tempted, lots of opportunities to place a small wager.  By the way, the Filipinos just love to gamble even if they don't understand the game.

"P2"
Posted
Posted

As a player/coach/referee over the last 45 years, I would say that England and Spain are both solid teams... although some would say that England has been struggling lately. Who knows.... It's a toss-up, but that's soccer. Any given team can beat any given team on any given day. Wager accordingly... 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, "P2" said:

As a player/coach/referee over the last 45 years, I would say that England and Spain are both solid teams... although some would say that England has been struggling lately. Who knows.... It's a toss-up, but that's soccer. Any given team can beat any given team on any given day. Wager accordingly... 

My monies on Spain even though England started very badly but improved game by game. Last game beating The Netherlands 2-1.

BTW Its called Football.