Our solar system

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 6:59 AM, Mike J said:

The vendor did a remote reboot of our system settings three days ago.  Since then we have pulled zero watts from the grid.  All of our power has come from panels and/or battery.  :thumbsup:

That's a very good solar harvest for 5kw. I have only 3.3 PV array and 6kw (LiFePO 4 battery. How do you go on in cloudy conditions? I know they still pull some power even when it's cloudy and raining.

My panels are Canadian 550 watt panels x 6. But using grid power at night when the battery reaches its limit 30%.

Edit. Here' what  we produced and consumption. from 12 midnight til 9:39

But we have 5 adults living in the house at this time.

452019223_27210847385169270_7342924839807306367_n.jpg

Edited by jimeve

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

That's a very good solar harvest for 5kw. I have only 3.3 PV array and 6kw (LiFePO 4 battery. How do you go on in cloudy conditions? I know they still pull some power even when it's cloudy and raining.

My panels are Canadian 550 watt panels x 6. But using grid power at night when the battery reaches its limit 30%.

We have 10 550 watt panels and the battery is LiFePo4 and 20.24kwh.  Even in the cloudy weather it manages to easily charge the battery.  Left an AC running in the guest room last night as a test.  The battery was at 41 percent at 06:30.  At 10:11 it was already at 99 percent and it has been a mix of heavy clouds with occasional breaks to blue sky.   Below is a screenshot at midnight to 12:15pm today. 

Screenshot_20240721_121611_com.igen.xiaomaizhidian.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My solar system

3D-Solar-System-Wallpaper.jpg

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Sorry I you guys have addressed this in the last 3 pages of comments.......

My OFW BIL has just retired and is going to remodel his house. His contractor has mentioned solar panels. His questions are: How susceptible are they to typhoons nowadays? and what is the return on investment. How long until they pay for themselves approximately? We really do not worry brownouts to much here in Metro Manila. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We put the panels on the sloped roof that is facing away from the ocean.  That seems to be where we get our strong winds and salt spray.  I watch the installers and it looks to me to be strongly attached to the long span roofing.  The long span is attached to metal girders.  Now that we have solar we will add a circuit and have a 1.5 split inverter AC installed in the living room.  I can also run my pool filter longer each day which means less work for me when doing the pool vacuum. I expect the ROI to be 5-6 years, less if rates continue to increase.  We still brownouts in Moalboal on a fairly regular basis because they are still in the process of upgrading and replacing the backbone that runs from the Cebu City area south to the end of the island.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Mike J said:

We put the panels on the sloped roof

:shock_40_anim_gif:

russellmania
Posted
Posted

This was the system I had installed in March 2024 after my home in Cebu was built. The all-in price was P370,000. Since we didnt have any electric bills to compare the savings, I would guesstimate our electric bill would be in the 10k a month range. Our first full month electric bill was P450 our last one was P700 for the month. We run a 3hp inverter split AC during the hottest part of the day 12noon til 5pm. We run a 2hp in our bedroom all night.

ProEnergySolarPackage.jpg

• Like 3

Possum
Posted
Posted

I just looked at our KWH annual consumption for the past 3 years. It's works out to be an average of 22kwh/day. We feed back to the power company almost as much as we buy from them but of course they don't credit us with same rate. We get 50% less than they charge. That's Meralco, others pay less. Though the ERC mandates the electric providers pay you for your excess PV power they don't say how much. 50% is actually pretty good compared to other places.