Now that I will drink to!

my point.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: 16 years here Never had a problem. Sometimes WE ( the foreigner) are our own enemy

I don't think you have spent much of that time driving in NCR.  That is one reason I hate driving in NCR.  DWC.  Driving While Caucasian.  Got me in Makati years ago.  Dark tint helps.

It can be regional.  Lots of foreigners is Duma, right?  Same here is Subic Bay Freeport.  They don't touch resident foreigners but they will try to get Scott! :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

but they will try to get Scott!

and they have ..........rat bastards :1927_:

• Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It can be regional.  Lots of foreigners is Duma, right?  Same here is Subic Bay Freeport.  They don't touch resident foreigners but they will try to get Scott! 

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg Drive where you like 2 wrongs have never made a right, Park illegal you get a ticket Foreigner or not :whistling:

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

Been driving here a long long time, and never once got a ticket.  Have somewhat of a lead-foot as well, never felt like I was targeted

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Been driving here a long long time, and never once got a ticket.  Have somewhat of a lead-foot as well, never felt like I was targeted

11+ years for me, no tickets but my wallet is a bit lighter. :whistling:

• Haha 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg Drive where you like 2 wrongs have never made a right, Park illegal you get a ticket Foreigner or not :whistling:

I have no problem with legitimate tickets. 

I have been stopped 3 times in NCR.  First time was in Makati DWC with my nephew and light tint.  You could see the guy's eyes light up he spotted us crossing thru an intersection.  He ran to get us.  Swerving.  Absolute BS.  Cost: p1000.

Second time was near BI main office in Intramuros.  There is v type intersection there where the crocodiles wait in groups for prey.  That is illegal.  Swerving again.  P1000.

The last time was legit.  Turned right on a one way street off Edsa.  My BIL jumped out and took care of it in 30 seconds.  P500.

My record is perfect.  I have never received a ticket in the Philippines.

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Illegal parking in Dumaguete. When I got a ticket I politely asked the enforcer to show me the NO PARKING SIGN she said there is parking sign. I rest my case.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

11+ years for me, no tickets but my wallet is a bit lighter. :whistling:

I've only been driving here for 1 year but already been a victim of over-zealous LTO officers (I'm being kind there with that description) twice yet have no tickets to my name either! :thumbsup:

1st time was for going through a traffic signal on orange 3 - I do not believe this is against regulation. 2nd time was a nonsense and I managed to get away with no 'punishment' - I was stopped for being in the wrong lane for a right turn where there was no indication this was not allowed and literally everyone was doing the same - I stood my ground and the officer gave up.  By huge coincidence it was the same officer both times!  I did wonder if it was because I was a foreigner but I realised that there is no way he would have known that due to our dark tint.  

I'm not so sure about foreigners being targeted - I would have though locals were easier pickings as they know the system and are less inclined to argue but others may have another opinion. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have no problem with legitimate tickets. 

I have been stopped 3 times in NCR.  First time was in Makati DWC with my nephew and light tint.  You could see the guy's eyes light up he spotted us crossing thru an intersection.  He ran to get us.  Swerving.  Absolute BS.  Cost: p1000.

Second time was near BI main office in Intramuros.  There is v type intersection there where the crocodiles wait in groups for prey.  That is illegal.  Swerving again.  P1000.

The last time was legit.  Turned right on a one way street off Edsa.  My BIL jumped out and took care of it in 30 seconds.  P500.

My record is perfect.  I have never received a ticket in the Philippines.

The lesson to be learned here is to let your BIL take care of future issues - it's cheaper.:smile:

Costs there seem way more than here, at least according to what I hear.  :whistling:

• Like 1