Selected Traffic Enforcement Stories

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Last year had a guy intentionally hit my car tire with his motorbike when we were going very slowly then tip over on his side and claim accident. At first we ignored him but he chased after us. So my wife finally showed him the dash cam and suddenly he admitted that neither he or his motorbike had been hurt and went away.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have a BIL in PNP in Pasay. Should I keep his number on speed dial?

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

What we find amusing is comparing the average human pedestrian to the average canine pedestrian. While in the roadway with a vehicle approaching the canine will look at the vehicle and hurry out of the way. The human will glare at the vehicle and either slow down or stop.

baronapart
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Possum said:

What we find amusing is comparing the average human pedestrian to the average canine pedestrian. While in the roadway with a vehicle approaching the canine will look at the vehicle and hurry out of the way. The human will glare at the vehicle and either slow down or stop.

I have to disagree. Here the dogs just lay in the road when I approach them on my motor.  Even at high speed and horn blaring. Maybe it is a province thing.  I tell my wife my fate will be death by dog or death by dong while driving here.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Possum said:

I was driving in the countryside today and got stuck behind an elderly lady pulling a plastic chair behind her ( no idea - didn't want to or need to know) and she stubbornly refused to move over enough to let me pass safely but kept waving me past.  My wife opened the window and asked her very politely to move in a little but she merely stopped but didn't move aside. 

My wife suggested she was disabled hence pulling the chair  - I wouldn't be surprised if her disability was the result of being struck by a car!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2024 at 3:39 PM, hk blues said:

I was driving in the countryside today and got stuck behind an elderly lady pulling a plastic chair behind her ( no idea - didn't want to or need to know) and she stubbornly refused to move over enough to let me pass safely but kept waving me past.  My wife opened the window and asked her very politely to move in a little but she merely stopped but didn't move aside. 

My wife suggested she was disabled hence pulling the chair  - I wouldn't be surprised if her disability was the result of being struck by a car!

I have seen this multiple times.  It was always people taking chairs to some kind of function where there was not enough seating for everyone.  So the take their own chairs.  I suspect she may not have been strong enough to carry the chair?

• Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2024 at 12:24 PM, baronapart said:

I have to disagree. Here the dogs just lay in the road when I approach them on my motor.  Even at high speed and horn blaring. Maybe it is a province thing.  I tell my wife my fate will be death by dog or death by dong while driving here.

Yes one of the major causes of motor cycle accidents here.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have seen this multiple times.  It was always people taking chairs to some kind of function where there was not enough seating for everyone.  So the take their own chairs.  I suspect she may not have been strong enough to carry the chair?

Nope...she was just being a stubborn old git. :smile:

• Haha 3