PNP internal cleansing program nets 6.2K erring cops under PBBM

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Not many fired. :whistling:

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1229140

MANILA – Over 6,200 police officers have been charged for various offenses ranging from conduct unbecoming of a law enforcer to grave misconduct as a result of an intensified internal cleansing program of the Philippine National Police (PNP) under President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.

PNP Internal Affairs Service (IAS) Inspector General Atty. Brigido Dulay on Wednesday said among the 6,256 police officers facing administrative charges since July 2022, 572 were already dismissed from the service, 260 were demoted and 1,418 were suspended.

He said the benefits of the dismissed officers would be forfeited and they would be perpetually disqualified to hold any other government posts.

Dulay said a colonel is the highest-ranking officer penalized under the ongoing internal cleansing program.

He advised all police officers to follow the rule of law and police operational procedures to spare themselves from trouble.

“We have rules that must be followed, this has long been the policy of the PNP. They just have to follow these rules because it is really hard to be charged with administrative charges,” Dulay said in a press conference.

“This is part of the reform process. The cleansing process is continuing and ongoing. This serves as a message that the IAS will run after those who would violate the law,” he added.

Dulay also urged the public to be vigilant and immediately report to IAS any illegal or suspicious activities involving purported police officers so that they may be prosecuted for the appropriate criminal charges.

“You can email us ias@pnp.gov.ph or call us at 0926-031-0279 for mobile and (02) 8723-0401 local 6665 for landline, and you may also visit any of our national, regional, district, provincial, and city offices in order to verify the status or report these unscrupulous individuals,” Dulay said.

Intensified campaign against criminals

Meanwhile, PNP chief Gen. Rommel Francisco Marbil has directed all police units to strengthen their campaign against high-value criminals and wanted individuals to ensure a safer environment for all citizens.

“Our paramount objective is the safety and security of every Filipino family and community. By apprehending these criminals, we are making significant strides in ensuring that our citizens can live without fear and in peace,” Marbil said in a separate statement.

Data from the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) showed that from January 1 to July 15, the police operatives have arrested 6,250 wanted individuals.

Marbil said under PNP’s e-warrant system, 73,337 warrants of arrest have been uploaded, with the majority successfully served.

He also emphasized the importance of ensuring the safety of police officers during operations, recognizing the sacrifices of 16 police officers who lost their lives and 40 others who were injured this year in various police actions. 

“We honor the bravery and commitment of our men and women in uniform who risk their lives daily. Their dedication to their sworn duty to serve and protect is truly admirable,” he said. (PNA)

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Erring?  Why is it so hard for Filipinos to call things what they are, in this case, corruption.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Erring?  Why is it so hard for Filipinos to call things what they are, in this case, corruption.

Yep!  And I can't help but wonder how many in that list ended up with a lateral assignment or even a promotion. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Only 1/3rd of cases as yet concluded in 2 years  - if they were actually serious about this surely they'd have moved a tad more swiftly. 

That said,  perhaps 2 years is hyper fast here!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Why is it so hard for Filipinos

What really make me go hmmmmmm, is that every year at this time, I am guessing a new graduating class of new cops hits the streets.

As I take my walks I see 2 always hanging around at a 7-11 at a busy intersection, and 2 hanging around the pelenke. They are always young, cute as puppies, slim, in shape, polite, eager to engage in conversation. They are posted there for a couple of weeks then disappear.

So my question is.......what the heck happens to them? :whatever:

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, scott h said:

What really make me go hmmmmmm, is that every year at this time, I am guessing a new graduating class of new cops hits the streets.

As I take my walks I see 2 always hanging around at a 7-11 at a busy intersection, and 2 hanging around the pelenke. They are always young, cute as puppies, slim, in shape, polite, eager to engage in conversation. They are posted there for a couple of weeks then disappear.

They get sent to reindoctrination camp? 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, scott h said:

Ever seen the movie Training Day? :whistling:

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Another blackeye for the PNP.  A day off and transfer to a different area? :whistling:

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/2-manila-cops-face-raps-for-punching-threatening-traffic-aide-over-stare/ar-BB1qdUGz?cvid=9feeba7275e34704d4461c9953df155f&ei=29

Two members of the Manila Police District are now the subjects of a criminal complaint after they punched and threatened a Valenzuela traffic enforcer over a stare while they were riding motorcycles in the city.

According to Mark Salazar's report on "24 Oras," police staff sergeants Ernesto Camacho and Robert Cabudoy were seen on CCTV accosting traffic aide Ronaldo David in Barangay Mabolo.

Camacho reportedly was the person who drew a gun and with it punched David in the stomach. Cabudoy reportedly threatened David with his words.

Investigation showed David was on his motorcycle while the policemen were riding theirs when the traffic enforcer noticed that the two weren't wearing helmets.

“Napatingin lang po ako sa kanila. Sasabihan ko nga sana na wala silang helmet sa unahan banda. Bigla na lang nila ako ginitgit at sabi sa 'kin ni Sir Cabudoy na, 'Ang sama mo makatingin ah.' Iiwan ko na sana sila pero sa unahan sinigawan nila ako tumigil ka tumigil ka!” said David.

(I looked over at them. I was about to tell them that they had no helmets. They just suddenly drove over and Sir Cabudoy chided me for staring. I was about to let them be but they shouted at me to stop.)

“Akala ko po katapusan ko na po nung araw na yun. Salamat nalang po nahuli na mga taong yan hindi po sila dapat humawak ng baril nananakit ng kapwa nila,” he added.
(I thought it was my end that day. I’m thankful that these people who should not have guns and hurt other people have been caught)

While Camacho reportedly punched David, Cabudoy was allegedly holding his gun and said, "Gusto mo patayin na kita rito?"

(Do you want me to kill you here?)

Valenzuela City Mayor Wes Gatchalian said Manila Police District Director Brigadier General Arnold Ibay told him in a text message that the two suspects had been disarmed and placed under protective custody at the District Personnel Holding and Accounting Section.

They are also facing administrative cases aside from the criminal case  David filed.

Gatchalian expressed his dismay at the incident.

“Hindi welcome ang mga bastos na pulis dito sa aming lugar. Huwag kayong pupunta dito na nagpapasiga-siga, na akala nyo porket pulis kayo mas mataas kayo sa aming traffic enforcers,” said Gatchalian.

(Disrespectful police are not welcome here in our place. Do not come here acting all tough,thinking that just because you are police it means that you rank higher than our enforcers.

• Sad 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, graham59 said:

I treat all cops here as the potentially dangerous criminals they are, and give them a wide berth. 

I have a friend in the PNP..  Unfortunately he was promoted to captain is now a long ways away so I haven't seen him in several years.  To the best of my knowledge he is an honest cop.  His wife is also PNP.  

• Like 1