Electricity Cost

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

We have Westinghouse units also. We use one in the living room when it is not super hot and it does a good job of cooling me. L cannot handle breeze from electric fans for some reason, so it goes off when she is in the room. Also, if you are not already aware, wood ceiling fan blades like ours (and presumably yours) tend to droop over time due to heat and humidity. So we turn ours over maybe once annually to undo the droop in one direction until the next year droop fix.

That's a good tip about turning them over - I actually did it once but only because we discovered there were two finishes on the blades and the other was more in keeping with our decor.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, spaul said:

Just got my Noreco 1 bill yesterday. Generated System Charge per kWh went from 4.71 pesos in June to 10.17 pesos in July. So I guess they can change the price at will.

4.71 seems extremely cheap compared to us - we hover between 10.XX and 12.XX.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, spaul said:

Generated System Charge per kWh went from 4.71 pesos in June to 10.17 pesos in July.

i doubt that figure, maybe you need to look at the Total KWH cost

spaul
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

i doubt that figure, maybe you need to look at the Total KWH cost

Ya I'm looking at the bill for May and the rate was 10.13. I guess it varies month to month but that was a huge difference in June.  We average under 200 kWh usage per month. I don't run an aircon 24/7. I froze enough in Canada for 50 years. Wife still looks at me funny when I say that even though she lived there for six years. :867:

Edited by spaul

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, spaul said:

Ya I'm looking at the bill for May and the rate was 10.13. I guess it varies month to month but that was a huge difference in June.  We average under 200 kWh usage per month. I don't run an aircon 24/7. I froze enough in Canada for 50 years. Wife still looks at me funny when I say that even though she lived there for six years. :867:

JFYI Noreco I has only a small increase from Jan To  July by comparison

RATES FOR THE YEAR 2024
CONSUMER TYPE JAN JUL
RESIDENTIAL 13.5350 15.9993

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

JFYI Noreco I has only a small increase from Jan To  July by comparison

RATES FOR THE YEAR 2024
CONSUMER TYPE JAN JUL
RESIDENTIAL 13.5350 15.9993

Jesus, Jack. I never knew the Noreco 11 rate was that high for July. :shock_40_anim_gif:

Good job I have solar power.:thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

Jesus, Jack. I never knew the Noreco 11 rate was that high for July. :shock_40_anim_gif:

Good job I have solar power.:thumbsup:

Jim mate that is for Noreco I, I don't know yet what Noreco II is

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jim mate that is for Noreco I, I don't know yet what Noreco II is

Ah, okay. gave me a fright been giving my tenant 14 kwh price. I'd hate to tell him its gone up again.

Cheers :cheersty:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Also, if you are not already aware, wood ceiling fan blades like ours (and presumably yours) tend to droop over time due to heat and humidity

That is one of the reasons I bought the fans I did (above post in this thread).  The blades are solid wood and very thick,  I don't think there is any possibility of them dropping like our old ones.  After the big typhoon and water leak, our blades (old fans) were hanging straight down. 

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

During those really HOT months the utility were buying additional power on the spot market.  Much more expensive that what they produce on there own or have contracted for.  Hard for consumers, but unfortunately that additional cost has to be paid by someone.  The alternative is rolling brownout during the hottest part of the day.