Foreign POGO workers given 60 days to leave the Philippines

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

jump on a plane

Snowy, its really funny you should mention that. Just yesterday I was driving past a well-known POGO condo complex and standing out front where between 10-20 young Chinese with those roller suitcases boarding vans and taxis. Now this means absolutely nothing, it was Saturday morning they might have been going on a weekend outing. But gives me pause for thought.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Possum said:

by their own very local dynasties that pick and choose which national laws they enforce.

best comment.jpg

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think it's just for show. If the government think the dodgy pogo operations will just close shop and jump on a plane in the next couple of months then they're as stupid as I think they are. 😉

And a way to increase the cost of bribes? :whistling:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is related or not? But has anyone noticed lately besides L and I that phone scam messages stopped, at least for us, on three different phone numbers several days or a week ago?

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think it's just for show.

I dont think it is just for Show at all.   The building across from me was full of Pogo (the entire building), armed body guards, tattooed looking goons etc.  Their hub was raided and they are all now gone.   Just up the street they raided and arrested a few, and just down the street they raided and arrested many.    Then of course bamban pampanga, where they shut down a multi billion peso hub... the list of raids, arrests, deportations etc. goes on and on throughout the country.   I am seeing it first hand, this is not just a show.    

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

They (POGO crooks) evidently overstepped the PI govt. humiliation/taking the piss point. Took a while, but presumably local pockets have been sufficiently lined. 

• Like 3