WTH? Fiesta? Free gas? Mass motorcycle club ride?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The wife and I traveled from Moalboal to Cebu City on Tuesday.  As we neared San Fernando I started to see motorcycles parked on the side of the road, first a few, then more and more.  I would estimate there were 150-200 motorcycles parked beside the road in a one kilometer stretch of the highway.  And soon we saw the PNP checkpoint.  :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mike J said:

And soon we saw the PNP checkpoint.

Do you think they were in line waiting to be inspected? Or waiting for merianda time? :whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

The wife and I traveled from Moalboal to Cebu City on Tuesday.  As we neared San Fernando I started to see motorcycles parked on the side of the road, first a few, then more and more.  I would estimate there were 150-200 motorcycles parked beside the road in a one kilometer stretch of the highway.  And soon we saw the PNP checkpoint.  :hystery:

Yep...we see the same thing around is whenever there is a checkpoint.  Makes a mockery of the whole thing IMO. 

Reminds me of my 1st experience of a Fiesta here when they interrupted the event to have a drug search for teens - there was a line of them being cursorily searched and it was purely voluntary so entirely pointless.  We see this type of thing a lot here. 

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I notice the same thing when they, on rare occasion, check for overloaded trucks. Why they bother I don't know, if they really were serious they could drop by any of the local coconut mills and see all the overloaded trucks with bald tires. Check points are pure theater. The local officialdom in the provinces don't want to upset voters as the pay for elected office is phenomenal.

• Like 1