3 or 4 wheel ebike

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Imaginos said:

It looks like the 3 brands I need to look at are NWOW(thanks for the mentions), Rfme, and Kuroma (Kuromake). NWOW an Rfme have real websites while Kuroma I can only find on Facebook which makes me prefer the other two. Price of the NWOW golf, their highest model that I can find is 88k. The top end Rfme is around 150k. The 4 wheel Kuroma that I can find is around 70 but it looks too small for my needs so I'm going to focus on the other two.

When/if you purchase one please let us know what the steepest grade it can climb.  I would really like to have a small 4 wheel electric vehicle.   Have looked at electric golf carts but the are way too expensive.

Imaginos
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

When/if you purchase one please let us know what the steepest grade it can climb.  I would really like to have a small 4 wheel electric vehicle.   Have looked at electric golf carts but the are way too expensive.

Curious what the golf carts cost?

It looks like the rfme motor is about twice as strong as the NWOW golf. The NWOW claims 8% incline so I would assume the rfme would be larger. Load woul influence this a lot.

The NWOW had a lead acid battery that (from the Chinese site) looks a lot like a car battery with lids on each cell. The rfme has a gel battery, totally sealed.

So it looks like there may be a big difference in the components that may explain the price difference between the two with the NWOW at 88k and the rfme around 140k.

I'm going to try to get to Manila next week to get an up close look at both.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Imaginos said:

Curious what the golf carts cost?

It looks like the rfme motor is about twice as strong as the NWOW golf. The NWOW claims 8% incline so I would assume the rfme would be larger. Load woul influence this a lot.

The NWOW had a lead acid battery that (from the Chinese site) looks a lot like a car battery with lids on each cell. The rfme has a gel battery, totally sealed.

So it looks like there may be a big difference in the components that may explain the price difference between the two with the NWOW at 88k and the rfme around 140k.

I'm going to try to get to Manila next week to get an up close look at both.

Surely you wouldn't consider driving an actual golf cart on a public road?  

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

You could buy a decent second hand Bajaj tricycle for 100k.. and they'll outperform the electric types like night and day (70kph vs 20kph roughly).

Even a new one is only 190k ish...

Imaginos
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Of course not. I just wondered what really expensive meant. 

Imaginos
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

You could buy a decent second hand Bajaj tricycle for 100k.. and they'll outperform the electric types like night and day (70kph vs 20kph roughly).

Even a new one is only 190k ish...

The thing is for the wife to drive around in the community. My choice for myself would be much different.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Imaginos said:

The thing is for the wife to drive around in the community. My choice for myself would be much different.

Just tell her to watch out for impatient poriners .  drivingx.gif

What's the rush guys ? Relax, and live longer.  :thumbsup:

Gator
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Pardon my ignorance, but aren’t they essentially the same thing? Electric golf carts vs 4 wheel eBikes - what’s the difference? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, graham59 said:

What's the rush guys ?

I have often wondered that myself Graham. In a country that advertises itself as laidback and carefree to tourists. Where the national slogans are "Wait lang" and "A moment Sir", heck they even have their own time zone "Pilipino Time". Everyone seems to be in an unnatural hurry. Motorcycles weaving in and out:Policeman:, counterflowing on narrow highways to beat a red light, passing on blind curves. Every week we read articles about head long crashes or tricycles smacking into a truck while "overtaking".:wosautos121:

What is the rush indeed? :hystery:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Imaginos said:

Of course not. I just wondered what really expensive meant. 

Well, you say that but nothing would surprise me here!