Minor Annoyances

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

Let me caveat by stating, I could never have wished for a better wife; feel pretty lucky

HAHAHA but do any of you still suffer through minor annoyances that you just cant let go of?   For me it is, letting food sit out, without covering it or putting it in the fridge, constantly leaving lights on, or lastly, very very thin skinned (I think that one is actually part of the culture, they actually have a name for it, translates to onion skin)  

Yeah I was bored

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Let me caveat by stating, I could never have wished for a better wife; feel pretty lucky

HAHAHA but do any of you still suffer through minor annoyances that you just cant let go of?   For me it is, letting food sit out, without covering it or putting it in the fridge, constantly leaving lights on, or lastly, very very thin skinned (I think that one is actually part of the culture, they actually have a name for it, translates to onion skin)  

Yeah I was bored

What's crazy is when we are in the US the boss follows our standard food handling procedures but in the Philippines she goes back to leaving things out...except for my food. It gets put in the fridge.  My wife is very frugal. She comes from a thrifty province background. You know what that means. Poor. All electrical appliances get unplugged when not in use except the fridge, stove and microwave. Unused lights are doggedly investigated and turned off. She would never leave the lights on when leaving a room. But, she will shyly ask me if I want her to turn the light off if I am the one who has just left a room with it on. It just makes me smile.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Yeah I was bored

Yes... I do. I am rather particular - to a fault. I am always turning off lights after L leaves them on. And I have to be very careful with any comments - I may have to keep her from being easily offended... not about her, but about her culture sometimes. She will leave some food out all night, but insist that some others need to be refrigerated right away... I don't always make sense of this. However, I don't usually get sick from foods that have been left out. Often, she or I will simply re-heat them.

What irritates me a bit more is when we have workers here from time to time. Many are relatives. They do good work usually, but leave all the tools they use out wherever they last use them, so they rust and deteriorate much faster than they should. Even L gets a bit upset about that, thank God!

There are so many differences in our culture (USA/Canada, eh?) that are difficult to enumerate....

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I will also relate another situation... When L asks me about something or how to do something. I reply, then she does something else.

Minor case in point...

A while ago, she asked me to show a nephew how to wash a car. My first job in my life was washing cars. I could wash a car, including vacuuming inside, for my job. So I showed him how to wash a car, like I used to, in 20 minutes. L proceeded to then tell him to do it differently than I was exampling and also to use different materials (I use Tide detergent,  have a real car wash mitt and several chamois). I showed her to wash the car top to bottom, then front to back and rinse often, then wipe dry with the chamois. To this day, she will wash a car and take over an hour as she messes around using microfiber cloths. It drives me nuts to see. But then, I don't wash my car often and prefer to just take it to a car wash and pay the P150... I guess to each his/her own...

Yesterday, she was washing her car. I noted that she was washing every area at least three times. I mentioned this to her finally and asked her why she was washing everything three or more times. Her response was that when she washed her clothes by hand, she always washed them three times.... Aggghhh. So I explained to her that the car only needs a once/over, then a rinse... She understood and then followed my instruction...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

My wife has put up with me for over 25 years now and has few faults.

If she would stop shouting at the top of her lungs into her cell phone when talking to her family....... that would be nice.

Especially when I am ready to fall asleep.. !

• Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If she would stop shouting at the top of her lungs into her cell phone when talking to her family....... that would be nice.

I know what you mean. I have even told my wife that she and whoever she is talking to should step outside as they could likely hear each other without the phone. Funny thing is she doesn't talk that loud on the landline. Maybe because they are connected by fiber or wire whereas cell phone requires more force due to the air involved?

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Possum said:

I have even told my wife that she and whoever she is talking to should step outside as they could likely hear each other without the phone.

I have told L the same exact thing because she and her older sister are both teachers and practically yell at each other when having phone conversations...!

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I will also relate another situation... When L asks me about something or how to do something. I reply, then she does something else.

Minor case in point...

A while ago, she asked me to show a nephew how to wash a car. My first job in my life was washing cars. I could wash a car, including vacuuming inside, for my job. So I showed him how to wash a car, like I used to, in 20 minutes. L proceeded to then tell him to do it differently than I was exampling and also to use different materials (I use Tide detergent,  have a real car wash mitt and several chamois). I showed her to wash the car top to bottom, then front to back and rinse often, then wipe dry with the chamois. To this day, she will wash a car and take over an hour as she messes around using microfiber cloths. It drives me nuts to see. But then, I don't wash my car often and prefer to just take it to a car wash and pay the P150... I guess to each his/her own...

Yesterday, she was washing her car. I noted that she was washing every area at least three times. I mentioned this to her finally and asked her why she was washing everything three or more times. Her response was that when she washed her clothes by hand, she always washed them three times.... Aggghhh. So I explained to her that the car only needs a once/over, then a rinse... She understood and then followed my instruction...

Whilst I understand your frustration, If I could get my wife to wash our car then she would be welcome to take as long as she wished and do however she chose! :smile:

P.S. I can do ours inside and out, including mild waxing, in 45 minutes max. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I don't wash my car often and prefer to just take it to a car wash and pay the P150... I guess to each his/her own...

As I said before... I don't do that much any more.... 50 years of car or boat washing has been enough for me...!