Minor Annoyances

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Minor becoming major annoyances...:

We have an ongoing house construction across the road from us for the past two years. The workers need to whistle, sing or play loud music as they work. We really have no idea when they might be done. The owner(s) who live currently in USA keep changing the design and other things so this place has basically been re-built - except for the foundations - more than once. Not my problem other than the noise.

A neighbour across the other road is now constructing something - perhaps an extension to his current home? They are mostly quiet except for the usual construction noises - grinding, pounding...etc.

Another neighbour right adjacent to us moved out a a couple years ago. Now they have been developing two work shops - one for wood work and one for steel fabrication. This morning they were blasting music before 6:30am. I will have L talk to the owner to ask them to tone it down a bit.

There are times I wished I lived in rural Wyoming!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

We have an ongoing house construction across the road from us for the past two years. The workers need to whistle, sing or play loud music as they work. We really have no idea when they might be done. The owner(s) who live currently in USA keep changing the design and other things so this place has basically been re-built - except for the foundations - more than once. Not my problem other than the noise.

A neighbour across the other road is now constructing something - perhaps an extension to his current home? They are mostly quiet except for the usual construction noises - grinding, pounding...etc.

Another neighbour right adjacent to us moved out a a couple years ago. Now they have been developing two work shops - one for wood work and one for steel fabrication. This morning they were blasting music before 6:30am. I will have L talk to the owner to ask them to tone it down a bit.

Right next to me a three story apartment is being built.  The owner is working onsite every day, figures it will take three years to build.  Each level will have three apartment so a total of nine units.  This is ocean front property so each unit has a balcony looking out over the ocean.  All the walls are poured concrete, no hollow block.  These are going to be beautiful units.  There is already two story apartments on the property as well a a very nice pool.  Construction noise, but it is only the owner plus 2-3 workers from 8-5 so not a problem.  I think these units will be so nice that they will actually increase the value of our house and property. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Gates.  Many Filipinos know how to open gates, but not close them.  And that is when I end up chasing down my dogs.  Maybe I need a sign?

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I was just there... I will say.... not crowded or noisy!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Joey G said:

I was just there... I will say.... not crowded or noisy!

Exactly!

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2024 at 10:12 AM, Tommy T. said:

Now is the time for Fiesta in our neighbourhood.   Oh boy... the drunken karaoke starts at or before 6am and runs until well after 10pm... And, as we ..

Tommy is this an exaggeration or a miss type  6am start is kinda hard to swallow!!!!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, RBM said:

Tommy is this an exaggeration or a miss type  6am start is kinda hard to swallow!!!!

100% true... 6am the other day... It is because of Fiesta in this neighbourhood. Thankfully it is gone and past...

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 10/17/2024 at 7:48 AM, Tommy T. said:

Strange to read this post, I thought my move was smart, bought land in a new upmarket sub division some years ago. Only about 3 houses were there, good move, peace and quiet...How wrong was I, fast forward say 6 months.......all one heard was construction noise as more and more built, Wish never again to hear the sound of a grinder......

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RBM said:

Strange to read this post, I thought my move was smart, bought land in a new upmarket sub division some years ago. Only about 3 houses were there, good move, peace and quiet...How wrong was I, fast forward say 6 months.......all one heard was construction noise as more and more built, Wish never again to hear the sound of a grinder......

Well, it is similar here. But most of the noise is from the workers (clowns). They whistle and sing and play their "music" all day. This has been going on for over two years and just across the right-of-way from our home. The workers live there since the owners live overseas. So loud noises at least 8-12 hours daily. At least they seem to pass out from their Tanduay after about 8pm...

And same thing as I said before - they don't talk to each other, they yell at each other - I am certain they are deaf or close to it...

Edited by Tommy T.