iPhone

Gator
Posted
Posted

There’s an Apple approved retailer in the cyber zone at SM Clark. Note it’s set up just like an Apple Store, but they’re only an Apple authorized seller. I purchased a phone from them last year as well as a few accessories. Complete with Apple’s warranties, however I didn’t initially get the higher cash back amount o my Apple credit card. I had to email them and the discount was given later. 

I don’t know if they carry older models of iPhones or just the latest ones (14 / 15). 

As a side note - I have both an iPhone 12 ProMax and an IPhone 15 ProMax. Although the 12’s pics are really great, the 15’s are remarkably better; especially in low light conditions. 

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, of course, but hoping that iphoneers here can share some purchasing experience.  However, actually, I hate most of the cyberzone stores because the sales people are like flies on sh*t.  So annoying.

Commissioned sales personnel.

15 hours ago, earthdome said:

Apple store is best option.

I compared US and Philippines Apple store prices.  They are identical except they add the import tax in the Philippines while you pay sales tax here.  In California, Torrance area, this is 10% while in Hawaii it's 4.5%.  When we needed new phones, our grandnephew took care of it.  He did it online because Apple is more generous with their rebate policy when returning your old phones.  Apparently, using back and forth text messaging, he was successful getting a better rebate.  

Funny story.  I handed my grandnephew a $100 bill as "thank you."  He stared at the bill like he has never seen one and told me it could not be accepted because his generation exclusively uses digital currency.  I don't have a digital wallet so the $100 was given to his mother and she electronically gave him the equivalent amount a few seconds later.  

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

JasonK
Posted
Posted

Buy it from the US.  Much cheaper to do so, they mark them up here about 30% more than US prices.  Ship to JohnnyAir then have them forward it to you for personal use.  No duties or taxes, etc.  Took me about 7 days to get my Pixel 8 Pro when I used that method.  Make sure to ship to JohnnyAir Delaware warehouse as there is no sales tax in DE.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Commissioned sales personnel.

That's what I said.  Flies on sh*t. :smile:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JasonK said:

Buy it from the US.  Much cheaper to do so, they mark them up here about 30% more than US prices.  Ship to JohnnyAir then have them forward it to you for personal use.  No duties or taxes, etc.  Took me about 7 days to get my Pixel 8 Pro when I used that method.  Make sure to ship to JohnnyAir Delaware warehouse as there is no sales tax in DE.

I always thought that taxes were due unless value (including shipping) is below 10,000php?

How do Amazon, for example, get around this? 

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I always thought that taxes were due unless value (including shipping) is below 10,000php?

If you go over 10k, you will be charged when using Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JasonK said:

How are you avoiding the taxes?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

2 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

If you go over 10k, you will be charged when using Amazon. 

2 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

I think Johnny Air uses a balikbayan box scheme similar to Shipping Cart which is owned by LBC.

Ship to their warehouse, then they consolidate into BB boxes which have nothing due on arrival in PH.

• Thanks 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think Johnny Air uses a balikbayan box scheme similar to Shipping Cart which is owned by LBC.

Ship to their warehouse, then they consolidate into BB boxes which have nothing due on arrival in PH.

Well crap, I wish I had known that :)  I just had a phone sent a month or so ago.