Impressive Service!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

This morning our wi-fi was off - flashing red light on modem.

So, I called PLDT at about 7am and went through their system which checks our line while I wait - automatically. It came up showing a line fault. A linesman showed up one hour later to troubleshoot and fix the fault. He reported to me about a half hour later that a rat had apparently chewed through the cable. He fixed it and we were back online promptly. Maybe it was a slow day for them? Whatever, it was the fastest, most efficient re-connection I have ever experienced. I hope this will become a habit with PLDT!

Yep...another example of how things really have improved here internet-wise over a relatively short period of time.  Amazing what a bit of competition can do!

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

PLDT sounds good.  Any other maintenance or service companies?  I would think getting an excellent air conditioner repairman is important.

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

We signed up for PLDT fiber internet. No one contacted us for install. Even after we contacted them a second time. After 2 weeks we gave up and sky cable internet was installed in one day.

We still haven't been contacted by PLDT.

The cable wifi router sky cable  installed is crap. The wifi barely works. Plugged in my own wifi router and we have fast internet now.

Then during Enting the internet was out for 2 days.

Welcome back to the Philippines. :unsure:

Edited by earthdome

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2024 at 10:21 AM, Tommy T. said:

This morning our wi-fi was off - flashing red light on modem.

So, I called PLDT at about 7am and went through their system which checks our line while I wait - automatically. It came up showing a line fault. A linesman showed up one hour later to troubleshoot and fix the fault. He reported to me about a half hour later that a rat had apparently chewed through the cable. He fixed it and we were back online promptly. Maybe it was a slow day for them? Whatever, it was the fastest, most efficient re-connection I have ever experienced. I hope this will become a habit with PLDT!

The repairman was sitting around the corner at the coffee shop.  Who do you think turned the rat loose in your attic? :cheersty:

• Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I would think getting an excellent air conditioner repairman is important

It is but finding one is like looking for Marcos' gold. I am currently in a dispute with Daikin and thus far even the people in the main office in Manila are not too savvy.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, earthdome said:

We still haven't been contacted by PLDT

We use Globe....used to take a while, after going through the telehell to get to the service desk. Turns out that they yard they dispatch from is literally right around the corner. Wife got to talking to the guy, got his cell number and if we have a problem she shoots him a text and he stops by after work.

Same with our aircon service guys, she shoots them a text and they stop by between calls or on a weekend, she feed them lunch and everybody is happy.

I have to believe that their companies know that probably all their employees moonlight.:89:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2024 at 9:12 AM, scott h said:

We use Globe....used to take a while, after going through the telehell to get to the service desk. Turns out that they yard they dispatch from is literally right around the corner. Wife got to talking to the guy, got his cell number and if we have a problem she shoots him a text and he stops by after work.

Same with our aircon service guys, she shoots them a text and they stop by between calls or on a weekend, she feed them lunch and everybody is happy.

I have to believe that their companies know that probably all their employees moonlight.:89:

We used to have a direct line to one of the Globe techs - during the bad old days of internet this was invaluable but since we've moved over to fiber we very rarely have issued so less necessary now.

As for A/C techs - we've only had to call out one and he did a good enough job but it was a simple fix.  The other time the mother board was gubbed so no hope for repair.  We've tried 2 or 3 for cleaning and the latest one (a week ago) did a good job so we'll stick with him for now.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

A clause in our lease requires that we clean the aircons every 3 months and keep receipts. What does a cleaning cost these days?

Lee
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, earthdome said:

What does a cleaning cost these days?

We have paid 800 per AC system ------both the inside and outside units.

• Like 1