Impressive Service!

Possum
Posted
Posted

1000 here. We put disposable filters on the existing filters and a washable filter on the top intake. Clean every 6 months, could probably make it one year for the bedrooms which are only used at night.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

A clause in our lease requires that we clean the aircons every 3 months and keep receipts. What does a cleaning cost these days?

We just paid 2400 for 4 units - 2 x window and 2 x split.  Window were 500php and split 700php but that's a little below typical here which is more like 800php.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Just confirmed with the wife, we pay 1k pesos each for our split aircons, my brother in law pays 500 peso each for his window units

• Like 2

Me2
Posted
Posted

500 pesos each for our window units in BGC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

We pay 500/unit for split systems. Excellent service and we are very happy. The owner of the company was formerly an agent for Emcor.

Regarding our internet.... It turned into a nightmare. Later on the same day that we had the rat cut issue, the internet dropped again. Six days later - yesterday - it was restored. Turns out somebody accidentally cut some lines at a construction site down the road. I called PLDT customer (dis)service once or twice daily and always got the same empty promises of "urgent" service. Very disappointed this time.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2024 at 3:14 PM, Possum said:

1000 here. We put disposable filters on the existing filters and a washable filter on the top intake. Clean every 6 months, could probably make it one year for the bedrooms which are only used at night.

We have ours done every 9 months - the tech says it should be every 6 months but he would, wouldn't he!  I've seen some advice saying every 3 months.  We only use our 2 main units for a few hours a day and the other 2 almost never save a little when I run them just to make sure they're still working.  We live in a quiet street with no traffic so I think every 9 months is acceptable.  But, I do clean the front filter every 3 months on all of them.

As an aside, our window-type Carrier unit is so not user-friendly when it comes to cleaning the filter - you have to unscrew the front cover to access it.  OK, 2 screws isn't such a big deal but the space between the unit and the wall is limited so I need a special screwdriver for this.  For many they simply wouldn't be able to access it if they didn't consider this when installing the unit - I did, luckily. All units should have front-access panels IMO.  

• Like 3