Friday The 13th!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

True story from yesterday. We had a worker helping us with renovations. I liked his work but he never worked more than 2 days in a row before finding an excuse not to come. Thursday I had a talk with him and he assured me he would work Friday. Later that night he texted my wife "I forgot it was Friday the 13th. I have to stay home on Friday the 13th. Bad things happen to me.". "What?", she asked. 1. I was working at a house and it got raided by police. I went to jail for two months.  2. Car accident   3. I fell out of a mango tree.

We are looking for a new worker! 😂

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Haha 4

• OnMyWay changed the title to Friday The 13th!
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

3. I fell out of a mango tree.

That's not half bad. I may use it myself. :Happy:

• Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

True story from yesterday. We had a worker helping us with renovations. I liked his work but he never worked more than 2 days in a row before finding an excuse not to come. Thursday I had a talk with him and he assured me he would work Friday. Later that night he texted my wife "I forgot it was Friday the 13th. I have to stay home on Friday the 13th. Bad things happen to me.". "What?", she asked. 1. I was working at a house and it got raided by police. I went to jail for two months.  2. Car accident   3. I fell out of a mango tree.

We are looking for a new worker! 😂

I'm sure many of us have similar experiences with unreliable workers. Earn enough to cover the next few days and then take time out. 

I recall reading some reviews of online teaching companies.  One was from a presumably young lady who said she worked 5 consecutive days so was taking the next week off to recover!

Low work ethic for many but who's to say they're wrong and us with a high work ethic are right? I think we are but...

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We know a girl who does temp work at nearby companies, and she receives $45 per hour compensation.  Friday the 13th, the best offer was $90 per hour because so many employees call in sick.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Reading these posts makes me feel so fortunate to have the worker we do.  When we have projects he works six days a week like clockwork.  Dependable, honest, high skilled, and a self starter.  He also takes pride in his work which seems to be a trait lacking in many workers today.  Many decades ago I used to be a sub-contractor doing work at a different house each day.  At the end of a job I always enjoyed standing back and having a sense of satisfaction on seeing that I had done not just an adequate job, not just a good job, but an excellent job.  I see the same pride in workmanship for my guy Wilson.  For Wilson, Okay is not good enough, it has to be done right!

People who have that work ethic deserve good pay, our respect, and a sincere vocalization of "job well done".  Will it encourage him to ask for more money in the future?  Probably and that is fine and I will still be happy to have a worker of his caliber. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Reading these posts makes me feel so fortunate to have the worker we do.  When we have projects he works six days a week like clockwork.  Dependable, honest, high skilled, and a self starter.  He also takes pride in his work which seems to be a trait lacking in many workers today.  Many decades ago I used to be a sub-contractor doing work at a different house each day.  At the end of a job I always enjoyed standing back and having a sense of satisfaction on seeing that I had done not just an adequate job, not just a good job, but an excellent job.  I see the same pride in workmanship for my guy Wilson.  For Wilson, Okay is not good enough, it has to be done right!

People who have that work ethic deserve good pay, our respect, and a sincere vocalization of "job well done".  Will it encourage him to ask for more money in the future?  Probably and that is fine and I will still be happy to have a worker of his caliber. :thumbsup:

Good to hear.

And, the problem is not a Philippines problem as anyone who keeps up to date with news back home will know - the woes experienced by anyone buying a new-build home being an example.

• Like 1