DIY project

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well we have a weekend free of kids so I thought I would sort out the wall behind the fitted wardrobes, black mould , anyway Ems offered her help or should it be advice on what and how to do things , also to empty her part or should I say  7/8 of the fitted wardrobes , I’ve never known anyone to have that many clothes and shoes , some with the price tags still in them so many different sizes on the label but in her eyes and as she shouts at me all are size 10 , I must check my eyesight as the 0 looks like a 2 to me .

Anyway once it’s empty and everything is put onto the bed it’s dismantling time and again I put these up years ago so I have a idea how they come down , but Ems has a better idea which I must admit her ideas sometimes work but on this occasion she would have been better saying nothing , wardrobes dismantled and yes the wallpaper is not very good at all, so off that came , Ems decided to use a 1 inch scraper she had the choice of three nice wide 4 inch scrappers but no she knows better after what seemed ages she decided to go and make dinner leaving me to clean up her mess and surprisingly the wall is very clean and dry once the paper was off.

Next project once the wall was clean was to line it , she came back into the room when I had just a silly piece to put around the window nothing bigger then 4 inches by 8 inches, can I do that bit she says , I think it was to say that she had put the wallpaper up , anyway she finished that bit off , then off she went back downstairs.

A new start today  for me to finish of the walls and put the wardrobe back in place Ems job is to sort out her cloths and shoes and to give away those that she don’t wear , she has got 3 big black bin bags she says she’s going to fill with these cloths , we shall see., I’ve come out of the way while she does this or hell would break free I’m sure .

Why is it us big strong men work with other big strong men say it our it is , but with our small wonderful wives we say it under our breath what we are wanting to say .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife liked to buy shoes and other clothing goods from a store that specialized in gently worn used clothing for women.  She would go their 2-3 times a year.  She bought a pair of shoes that she thought looked nice and they also fit.  After wearing them a full day she realized they hurt her feet.  The next time she went to the store she sold them back for about 1/2 of what she had paid.  It was at that point she remembered she had already bought and returned them once before because they pinched her feet.  :hystery:

Edited by Mike J
  • Haha 3