What documents, requirements do I need for the SRRV

Mike62
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice and information about documents etc I need to have with me when I travel to the Philippines, in order to apply for the SRRV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am 62 years old, Irish, and living in Italy.

I will be flying into Davao on the 30 day visa free.

I will be applying for the SRRV immediately. Can I do everything through an agency online, or do I need to visit an office? I assume the latter.

What wording do I need for the Police clearance letter here in Italy? Do I need to translate it into English?

What do I need to bring with me to the Philippines for the Visa application, apart from

Police clearance

Passport

Birth Certificate

Divorce Certificate or Marriage Certificate depending on whether my divorce has been finalised by the time I travel.

I am getting a divorce right now from my Italian wife who also lives in Italy. Neither of us has any connection with the Philippines and have never been there.  When the divorce is complete, do I need to present the divorce certificate as part of my application? Do I need to translate it into English?  If My divorce has not been finalised, do I need to present my Marriage Certificate, translated into English.

I can do the Medical Clearance in the Philippines, correct?

I'm worried about forgetting to do anything before I leave for the Phils, so, I'm looking for any or all the info I need regarding documents.

Thank you so much,

Mike

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Mike.  I have a 13A visa so do not have direct experience with the SRRV but I did a bit of research.  Suggest you go to this site which has information that should help, the URL and screen shot are below.  Any documents normally require require a notarized English translation.  We are a helpful group and I am sure other members will post and give you their experience in attaining the SRRV.  Looking forward to hear how your adventure unfolds. :thumbsup:

https://pra.gov.ph/downloads

image.png

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike62 said:

I will be applying for the SRRV immediately. Can I do everything through an agency online, or do I need to visit an office? I assume the latter.

To find an SRRV (Special Resident Retiree Visa) representative in Davao, you can visit the official website of the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA). They provide a list of accredited SRRV representatives by region. These representatives are associated with the tourism department and assist in the application process at no charge.

It’s recommended to directly contact the PRA or check their website for the most current list of representatives in your area. This way, you can ensure that you're dealing with authorized and knowledgeable personnel without incurring unnecessary costs. 

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This way, you can ensure that you're dealing with authorized and knowledgeable personnel without incurring unnecessary costs. 

Great advice.  When I was uncertain about 13a vs SRRV I did come across some bad faith operators that were going to charge extra to what the PRA already pays them. 

• Like 2