Pasig Outlaw

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I was waved over this morning on C5 in Pasig for driving while license plate restricted due to number code. Everthing was above board. Handed a ticket and given back my license and quickly on my way. I wasn't aware of when the restrictions applied. Problem is that we have to use C5 when we leave our condo. On Monday we are restricted to driving between 10am to 5pm. Have to go to mmda office to pay fine. Don't know how much yet.

Only had my DL 2 weeks and already an outlaw.

My DL lists my old address in Baguio. Was asked if we were on our way to Baguio.

• Haha 5

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can you not pay it online?

The number coding varies from area to area in Manila, so be careful in some areas as it’s in place from 7am to 7pm. 

IMG_4815.jpeg

Edited by Gas
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Only had my DL 2 weeks and already an outlaw.

I may be wrong, but this may mean you won't get the 10-year licence when the current expires - I think you need a clean licence to qualify. 

Edited by hk blues
  • Sad 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

We live 100 km from Manila and used to drive there once or twice a year completely unaware there was such a thing as number coding. We got stopped near NAIA and threatened with a ticket. My wife asked how people who don't live in Manila are supposed to know this and was let go. I told her it's kinda like when you were stopped for going the wrong way on a one way street in your home town. She said "But there were no signs or arrows indicating it was one way, there were cars parked in both directions!"  Exactly

We don't drive in Manila any more.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

One of the reasons I enjoy life in the small town of Moalboal is the lack of traffic.  Drivers are still crazy but there are fewer of them.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I may be wrong, but this may mean you won't get the 10-year licence when the current expires - I think you need a clean licence to qualify. 

By that time the car might be wrecked, I might have dimensia or maybe the horse will learn how to sing.

• Haha 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Possum said:

We live 100 km from Manila and used to drive there once or twice a year completely unaware there was such a thing as number coding. We got stopped near NAIA and threatened with a ticket. My wife asked how people who don't live in Manila are supposed to know this and was let go. I told her it's kinda like when you were stopped for going the wrong way on a one way street in your home town. She said "But there were no signs or arrows indicating it was one way, there were cars parked in both directions!"  Exactly

We don't drive in Manila any more.

Yeah, maybe if we had agreed that we were going to Baguio he would have let us off.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

By that time the car might be wrecked, I might have dimensia or maybe the horse will learn how to sing.

And pigs will fly!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

driving while license plate restricted due to number code.

This is why there is no parking.  People of means have two cars and make sure to have plates that will allow them to drive every day.

Mine is 0 which means no Friday driving.  Kinda hampers weekend trip possibilities, but number coding does not apply on the Skyway.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Mine is 0 which means no Friday driving.  Kinda hampers weekend trip possibilities, but number coding does not apply on the Skyway.

Ouch. Glad mine is on Monday.