Pasig Outlaw

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

People of means have two cars and make sure to have plates that will allow them to drive every day.

There is always the option of buying a hybrid, Suzuki have a few mild hybrids that are exempt from number coding that sell for reasonable prices.  

The Ertiga MPV and the Swift hatchback for example.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Looks like the fine is 500 php. But when reviewing the ticket I noticed that he put down 10:28 am for the time. When it was 9:28. Number coding in Pasig is from 7-10am and 5-8 pm. So technically by the ticket I did not violate number coding rules. Should I contest it?

Lee
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, earthdome said:

When it was 9:28.

Can you prove that it was 9:28 when you were stopped?

Is the time that it would take to contest the ticket not worth a bit more than 500 PHp?

Chances are you would lose your appeal anyway based on the length of your nose---LOL.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, earthdome said:

when reviewing the ticket I noticed that he put down 10:28 am for the time. When it was 9:28.

Dash cam memory?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Looks like the fine is 500 php. But when reviewing the ticket I noticed that he put down 10:28 am for the time. When it was 9:28. Number coding in Pasig is from 7-10am and 5-8 pm. So technically by the ticket I did not violate number coding rules. Should I contest it?

You could always play the Village Idiot and see how it goes - not exactly appeal but question the validity.  If you can be bothered for the sake of 500php that is.  And the possibility you'll not get the 10-year licence on the back of it. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Can you prove that it was 9:28 when you were stopped?

Is the time that it would take to contest the ticket not worth a bit more than 500 PHp?

Chances are you would lose your appeal anyway based on the length of your nose---LOL.

It was 9:28 when I was pulled over. Which is a violation. The mmda officer put 10:28 on the ticket by mistake. At 10:28 it is not a violation.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

This was  a rhetorical question to see what you think. Not worth my time to contest a 500 php fine. Especially if I can pay it online.

There are many ways to avoid these but it all depends on which city in NCR you get stopped. Each city sets its own rules. In Pasig you are exempt if there are at least 4 people in the car. Manila exempts seniors. Medical emergency's are exempt. Too many to know but perhaps an out after the fact.

So I need a couple dummies to put in the back seat so it looks like I have 4. Any volunteers? :hystery:

• Haha 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, earthdome said:

It was 9:28 when I was pulled over. Which is a violation. The mmda officer put 10:28 on the ticket by mistake. At 10:28 it is not a violation.

I would just pay the fine. They do wear body cameras and tend to have them switched on when there is no monkey business involved. 

Contesting the ticket could end up in a seminar. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Does this mean the old ploy of attaching a P200 bill to your driver's license using a rubber band no longer works?  The bill either disappears and the enforcer admonishes your bad driving or, if challenged, you say, "That's my afternoon snack money."  

Another ploy is to speak in perfect English like a newly arrived visitor.  The enforcer is required to explain the offense, and many have a limited ability to speak the language.  They don't want the embarrassment and simply hand back your license.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Another ploy is to speak in perfect English like a newly arrived visitor.  The enforcer is required to explain the offense, and many have a limited ability to speak the language.  They don't want the embarrassment and simply hand back your license.

yes the saving face trick - I had this during covid when we had to get permission from the local barangay to drive into Iloilo City for a valid reason - stopped at the checkpoint and spoke to him in English, all the while the cops/soldiers in the background were laughing at the guy trying to speak to me in broken English --- he just waved me through to save the embarrassment

• Like 1