NAIA Parking Now p1200 Per Night

Clermont
Posted
Posted

As I’ve said, we want the Philippines to get modernise but we don’t want to pay for it, Sydney airport $ 40 an hour, and yes I’ve an interest in the pricing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

As I’ve said, we want the Philippines to get modernise but we don’t want to pay for it, Sydney airport $ 40 an hour, and yes I’ve an interest in the pricing 

I'm confused.  What was modernized?  The price?  There were no upgrades to the parking facilities, etc.  I don't mind paying for upgrades and modernization.  The skyway is great and I gladly pay the tolls.

Not sure where you are paying $40 an hour for parking, but it was easy to look up Sydney parking.  It is cheaper than NAIA.  Domestic as low as 769 pesos per day.  Int'l as low as 1150 pesos per day, for the dates I put in.

https://www.sydneyairport.com.au/parkatsyd

Screenshot (1318).png

Screenshot (1317).png

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The Sydney domestic budget parking is 'off airport' and uses a shuttle bus (which is what I suggested NAIA should implement for cheaper long term parking).  It's not the same sort of product as the NAIA parking.

• Like 3

Possum
Posted
Posted (edited)

NAIA has 'Park n Fly' but only 200 parking places at 590/day. In the grand scheme of things it makes sense. In the Philippines they build with no thought to parking even though there is no mass transit system. Example in my province they have built a very expensive convention center beside the city offices, when all is totaled I am told it cost about a billion peso and took over 10 years to build. It seats 10,000 people however I've never seen it used. BUT, there is no parking lot at all for the convention center, wasn't part of the plan. :89:

Just laugh and move on. Low expectations are the key to happiness

Edited by Possum
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Well, get used to more of the same. Looks like the conglomerates are taking over.

Villar Group venturing into airport business | Philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines — Tycoon Manny Villar may soon venture into the airport business as his investment vehicle makes a P31-billion pitch to operate and maintain the Iloilo and Puerto Princesa gateways.

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) said it plans to award the concession for the rehabilitation of the Iloilo International Airport and Puerto Princesa International Airport next year.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

It's not the same sort of product as the NAIA parking.

The other 2 domestic options are still cheaper than NAIA.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm confused. 

That wasn’t hard, do the right google search instead of trying to nitpick peoples posts, short term stay’s.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The other 2 domestic options are still cheaper than NAIA.

Have you considered using NAIA 'Park n Fly' to save some cost?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Have you considered using NAIA 'Park n Fly' to save some cost?

That has been discussed.  They have 200 spots compared to the thousands that had the price raised.  Surely they will be overwhelmed.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Surely they will be overwhelmed.

Probably will be. I am sure you know this but for others, I just looked at their web site, it looks like you can reserve a slot in advance. Goodness only knows how reliable it is, but it is something.:thumbsup:

• Like 2