Decent Hotels in Manila

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Has anyone had recent experience staying at a decent - clean and nice and not necessarily cheap - hotel somewhat near the airport? I am planning to perhaps fly with my partner to USA next year and it would probably entail an overnight in Manila to make it most comfortable. Today I tried contacting my favorite hotel, Guiho Suites, in Makati and the phones don't work nor does e-mail, so I believe they may be defunct.

Thanks for any suggestions.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

We stayed at the Hilton across from terminal 3 fall of 2022. Nice western style hotel but like 160 USD a night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Thanks earth... that would work for us so long as it is clean and nice inside.

I will look into that.

Possum
Posted
Posted

Belmont is easy to walk to via the elevated bridge at terminal 3. It's our usual hotel when flying.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've stayed at the Belmont a few times, it's clean and comfortable but a bit worn looking in places.

The best thing about it is the easy access from T3, not having to take a Grab or Taxi to and from the airport makes up for a lot.

• Like 1

longway
Posted
Posted

Manila Marriott is close to the airport and very nice.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

oday I tried contacting my favorite hotel, Guiho Suites, in Makati and the phones don't work nor does e-mail, so I believe they may be defunct.

Guiho?  Do you mean Guijo?  One of our favourites as well if that's the case.  They're listed as open on all the booking sites.  Did a search for Guhio and can't find it anywhere. 

Screenshot  of Guijo on Agoda:

image.png

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

decent - clean and nice and not necessarily cheap

Brittnay Hotel, Las Pinas (formally Mella hotel) 6 klicks from the airport. We stayed there a couple of nights when our house was being fumigated. Right on major road heading for the airport. Good Buffet, nice area also. Owned by the Villar family. 

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Possum said:

Belmont is easy to walk to via the elevated bridge at terminal 3. It's our usual hotel when flying.

Another vote for the Belmont. Great breakfast buffet.

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Depends on your budget.

I stayed at okada, it was very nice.

I think a regular room is like 200 a night. And it wasn't that far to the airport.

City of dreams was nice as well.

Lots of decent to nice hotels in manilla, that are a relative value to the west.

• Like 1