Decent Hotels in Manila

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Guiho?  Do you mean Guijo?  One of our favourites as well if that's the case.  They're listed as open on all the booking sites.  Did a search for Guhio and can't find it anywhere. 

Screenshot  of Guijo on Agoda:

image.png

Yeah.... you are right. I had a typo there. I have tried their phone numbers to call and the calls don't go through. Their website doesn't work either. I checked a couple of online booking companies and they list them, but I didn't go so far as to try to make a booking - way too early for that. I may just try the Belmont based on some suggestions here.

Thanks all for your replies!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

More info.... I checked the Belmont and it looks nice and clean (but then, all photos look like that online). It is a bit pricey, and I was also shocked to see that they want over $20 for buffet breakfast for two people. I would expect nice fish or steak for that price! Or am I from that boomer age group where everything today seems pricey? However, the convenience of being close to the airport  makes it attractive - no hassles with getting transportation, no dealing with traffic, saving at least an hour or more in time getting there and also when departing. So I will ponder and keep looking.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

More info.... I checked the Belmont and it looks nice and clean (but then, all photos look like that online). It is a bit pricey, and I was also shocked to see that they want over $20 for buffet breakfast for two people. I would expect nice fish or steak for that price! Or am I from that boomer age group where everything today seems pricey? However, the convenience of being close to the airport  makes it attractive - no hassles with getting transportation, no dealing with traffic, saving at least an hour or more in time getting there and also when departing. So I will ponder and keep looking.

I always get the room there breakfast included (Booking.com). The Belmont is much cheaper than the Marriott or the Hilton in the same location.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted

The Savoy Hotel Manila is clean and a short walk to T3 and decently priced

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There was a really nice place near the airport but the name escapes me right now.  Includes free airport pickup and drop off, free breakfast, lunch and dinner, free laundry, free bed turn down, and free snacks for the flight.

:89:

Hmmm...  Oh, got it.  It's called "Scott's Place".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2024 at 10:36 AM, Tommy T. said:

It is a bit pricey, and I was also shocked to see that they want over $20 for buffet breakfast for two people. I would expect nice fish or steak for that price!

It is a bit pricey for the star rating of the hotel and the food quality (which is decent but nothing special).

You can definitely get nicer hotels for the price, but they're not in walking distance of T3 and the Mariot and the Hilton are even more expensive.

It's easy enough, most times, to get a GRAB or a coupon taxi from outside of T3 to go to a different hotel (I've stayed away from the airport a few times) but if you've got a connecting flight leave yourself LOTS of time because it can be surprisingly difficult at times to get a taxi or Grab back to the airport.

You can look for a hotel advertising a shuttle service to the airport but that's not 100% reliable either in my experience.

It's sometimes taken an hour plus to get a shuttle or taxi back to the airport, plus travel time which can add an hour or more as well, not stress I need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
On 10/9/2024 at 11:50 AM, Tommy T. said:

Has anyone had recent experience staying at a decent - clean and nice and not necessarily cheap - hotel somewhat near the airport? I am planning to perhaps fly with my partner to USA next year and it would probably entail an overnight in Manila to make it most comfortable. Today I tried contacting my favorite hotel, Guiho Suites, in Makati and the phones don't work nor does e-mail, so I believe they may be defunct.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Makati Diamond is my favorite hotel in Manila.  The rooms are big, and the location is great.   You can get 'decent' deals on agoda depending on the time of year and how far in advance you book.   Dusit is cheaper and a good alternative. 

• Thanks 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
On 10/9/2024 at 11:50 AM, Tommy T. said:

Has anyone had recent experience staying at a decent - clean and nice and not necessarily cheap - hotel somewhat near the airport? I am planning to perhaps fly with my partner to USA next year and it would probably entail an overnight in Manila to make it most comfortable. Today I tried contacting my favorite hotel, Guiho Suites, in Makati and the phones don't work nor does e-mail, so I believe they may be defunct.

Thanks for any suggestions.

In addition, I would not limit yourself to right next to the airport.   Makati is very close and all it would entail is leaving your hotel about 10 or 15 minutes earlier.  They take the skyway now, and the trip to the airport is very fast.  I would personally rather spend a day/evening in the Greenbelt area than Pasay or heaven forbid, Malate.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Makati Diamond is my favorite hotel in Manila.  The rooms are big, and the location is great.   You can get 'decent' deals on agoda depending on the time of year and how far in advance you book.   Dusit is cheaper and a good alternative. 

Makati Diamond Residences is my go-to hotel but relatives told me to avoid it this year.  Greenbelt I & II across the street is undergoing demolition and rebuilding.  Lots of dust and construction noise.  

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Makati Diamond Residences is my go-to hotel but relatives told me to avoid it this year.  Greenbelt I & II across the street is undergoing demolition and rebuilding.  Lots of dust and construction noise.  

wow, we must have gone just prior to that.    Then the Dusit not a bad alternative, as well as Ascott and New World hotel.  Key is timing and trying to get a halfway decent deal.