Decent Hotels in Manila

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Then the Dusit not a bad alternative, as well as Ascott and New World hotel.

Ascott and New World should be fine.  The Dusit Thani might be shutting down for repairs and reconstruction.  During our last stay, they were trying to prolong the life of their bedsheets.  They were so thin from frequent laundry and would rip.  I would have to call housekeeping.  Sofitel (Philippine Plaza) has or will soon shut down.  This hotel was hastily built on newly reclaimed land to open on time for some world conference under the former Marcos administration.  All kinds of problem including water pipes as the building settles.  It may have to be torn down.  

For our November arrival, I made a one-week reservation with Seda Hotel BGC.  The location is half a block from Bonifacio High Street, a really nice promenade filled with shops and restaurants.  Purpose is to find a nice one-bedroom condo rental in the area for a 3 to 4 months stay.

For the Aussies in the group, we also have reservations later this month at The Grace Hotel in downtown Sydney.  My wife and I love older hotel properties that have been renovated.  Rooms are larger compared to the boxy more modern hotels.  

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

we also have reservations later this month at The Grace Hotel in downtown Sydney.  My wife and I love older hotel properties that have been renovated.  Rooms are larger compared to the boxy more modern hotels.  

If you're ever in Quezon City check out the Cocoon Hotel, it's an older refurbished hotel. Kind of a boutique hotel with nice places to eat nearby.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Possum said:

If you're ever in Quezon City check out the Cocoon Hotel, it's an older refurbished hotel. Kind of a boutique hotel with nice places to eat nearby.

Thanks for the tip.  Another property I might try is Admiral Hotel.  About 70 years ago, my family stayed there several months after our return from Spain.  It was then known as Admiral Apartments.  It went into disrepair and then redone into a hotel.  Recently, Admiral Hotel was awarded a Michelin star, one of only three Manila properties cited.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1