Retired foreigners can pay P1.5M for unlimited legal stay in PH

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I was tempted to comment that anyone with a brain would realise a criminal isn't going to apply for an SRRV and get his/her fingerprints and personal details recorded when they can just enter as a tourists and come and go as they please. 

Not so simple for Chinese and also Indians.  No VOA for them.  They have to apply and get a visa in their home country.  The application might ask for certain things and they have to lie about it.  So that may be why the POGO Chinese were going the SRRV route.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

My guess is this is a politician looking for headlines. The title of this news article is "Retired foreigners can pay P1.5M for unlimited legal stay in PH". Well no kidding been that way since 1985 and some astute politician just now found out about it? That the PRA allowed people in their 30's to get a SRRV in the past has been corrected. But it being election season and this senator needing headlines the PRA has to make some changes to quiet down the political press releases. Biometrics? No problem they already have your photo and NBI clearance before they issue you one. Requiring a personal appearance every year will never fly because the retirees that don't live near Manila or Cebu simply may say screw it and get their deposits back. THAT would cause an uproar from the banks and the PRA knows this. I figure at most they will require a video chat to make sure you are who you were. For now it is much ado over nothing. Remember the jeepney modernization law? I have yet to see a modern jeepney but can still see the smoke belching no headlight types everywhere.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Possum said:

My guess is this is a politician looking for headlines. The title of this news article is "Retired foreigners can pay P1.5M for unlimited legal stay in PH". Well no kidding been that way since 1985 and some astute politician just now found out about it?

My first thought was that if he was just finding out about this, he is totally clueless.  Maybe a combination of both that and looking for headlines.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Riding the wave of the anti-PROGO wave.   Kind of short sided view, my opinions of course. 

• Like 1