Bank Accountability

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Seems very odd to me.

yeah some dots are just not connecting (hhahah as we all play couch detectives).   Something is fishy, and the timeline is a head scratcher. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the best course might be to close your account(s) at that bank and open up new ones in another bank?

Only after that, then go to authorities to address whatever can be dealt with?

Possum
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

I am sure it happens, but I cant imagine (me personally) getting my passbook updated and then not looking at it. 

Me neither and she is still mad at herself for not doing so. But she was primarily concerned about another account that day.

Edited by Possum

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I purposely only have one online account here as I am less trusting of online transactions.  The other accounts would need an in-bank transaction and there would then be a paper trail i.e. a withdrawal slip.  I also only keep a limited amount in the online account to minimise damage. Unfortunately, if there is a thief in the bank there is not a lot you can do other than be vigilant with the balances.

IIRC, a previous poster a while back had an issue with money disappearing from his account, or even it being closed without his knowledge and the proceeds with it.  I must admit I had my doubts but based on Possum's experience, perhaps I was wrong.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I used to moan at my wife  for micro accounting BUT Glad she does it, PNB text and email on every withdrawal so we don't get shocks of the Nature stated here just now:tiphat:

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I use electronic banking only and every transaction is sm to the app after the transaction, never had a problem yet . Get cash through Gcash and that’s done electronically too, the bank even pays interest, satisfied with Landbank.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

We went back to the bank today to get a printout of all transactions during the questioned time. We got a printout but it does not show who the money went to. They said only the headquarters could access that information. They requested we wait until Monday before filing a complaint with BSP.

I am curious as to how far back other members can look online with their banks. Metrobank restricts to 3 months look back. I asked why and was told it was a limitation in their system.  I asked him how long ago they quit using an abacus to calculate at which time my wife suggested I go walk around in the mall.

• Haha 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I use BPI and have 3 months of transactions online and account statements for the last year. But I am not sure how far back the online transactions go because the account was not used until we returned at the end of July.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There you Go, Wife just came home from Work, I knew  from the bank How much and from where she dew money from and  what time even before she got Home:whistling:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1