NAIA Terminal 4 Is Set to Close Until February 2025-What Now?

Lee
Posted
Posted

Just when you thought Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) couldn't get busier, one of its terminals is shutting down. Say goodbye to Terminal 4 for a while as it will be non-operational for three months starting November 6, 2024 to make way for a major renovation.

According to the New NAIA Infra Corporation (NNIC), the terminal will be updated to address its aging infrastructure and will undergo improvement work focused on safety, passenger flow, and modernizing the overall experience for travelers. 

The closure is expected to last until February 2025. During this period, airlines operating from Terminal 4, including AirSWIFT, Sunlight Air, and CebGo, will transfer operations to Terminal 2.

Built in the 1940s, Terminal 4 is one of NAIA’s oldest—and smallest—buildings. It currently hosts Sunlight Air with two daily flights, AirSWIFT with 12 daily flights, and CebGo with 36 daily flights, handling a total of around 2,900 passengers every day.

"Our goal is to make Terminal 4 more comfortable and efficient for travelers. While there may be some temporary disruptions, we appreciate the public’s understanding and patience as we work to deliver these much-needed improvements," the NNIC said in a statement.

New assignments for airlines in NAIA Terminal 4

As mentioned, flights from airlines like Cebgo, AirSWIFT, and Sunlight Air will be relocated to Terminal 2 until the renovations are completed. AirSwift will transfer by November 5, Sunlight Air by November 6, and CebGo by November 7.

Notifications will also be sent to passengers regarding this terminal change. Make sure to check your updated flight schedules to avoid any last-minute surprises!

Here are the affected CebGo flights:

Manila – Busuanga (Coron) – Manila

DG 6043/6044

DG 6045/6046

DG 6047/6048

DG 6051/6052

DG 6055/6056

Manila – Caticlan (Boracay) – Manila

DG 6243/6244

DG 6247/6248

Manila – Cebu – Manila

DG 6505/6506

DG 6511/6512

DG 6499/6500

Manila – Legazpi – Manila

DG 6193/6194

DG 6195/6196

Manila – Masbate – Manila

DG 6177/6178

Manila – Naga – Manila

DG 6113/6114

DG 6117/6118

Manila – San Jose – Manila

DG 6031/6032

Manila – Siargao – Manila

DG 6837/6838

DG 6839/6840

DG 6841/6842

Manila – Surigao – Manila

DG 6881/6882

Meanwhile, all of the AirSwift and Sunlight Air flights will be relocated to NAIA Terminal 2.

"You will receive your revised e-ticket, which will reflect the terminal change, allowing you to prepare accordingly," AirSWIFT said in a statement, addressing passengers.

NAIA Terminal 4 Is Set to Close Until February 2025-What Now? (msn.com)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

How long do you all think it will actually take to reopen? :89:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Old55 said:

NAIA Infra Corp. (NNIC) can't make a profit at T4 while construction is going on so my bet is they will meet/beat the deadline.  They will probably have penalties built into the construction contracts for any delays.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Got a friends flying from Manila to Dumagute on the 26th November 2024. I better inform them.

Is it the domestic terminal (Philippine airlines) that is being upgraded?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Christmas and Chinese new year.  

image.jpeg

Edited by BrettGC
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

I hope it's sooner than my local bank - it closed for renovations. It certainly was renovated - it's now a coffee shop.  I'm beginning to think it's not going to re-open as the notification was back in 2019! 

:smile:

• Haha 4

Gas
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Got a friends flying from Manila to Dumagute on the 26th November 2024. I better inform them.

No. The domestic terminal for Philippines Airlines is terminal 2. International terminal 1. 

The one being upgraded is used by the lesser-known domestic airlines. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:

T4 is Cebgo, Airswift and Sunlight Air, all domestic and (I think) all turbo prop. 

They're moving to T3 during the renovation.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Old55 said:

They started this Olongapo-SBMA Main Gate bridge renovation in 2019.  Still not open.  While San Mig corp is probably much more efficient, 3 months is very aggressive unless you are just going to paint.

463157823_951388433695376_7134160374861795922_n.jpg

• Like 3