Good Experience Renewing Registration

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I took a video in our local Autotec inspection facility.  Always clean and organized.  Usually empty in the afternoons.  Then walk over to the attached LTO registration office for another 10 minute task.  Nicely done!  The second video starts with the truck bay then lto.

Possum
Posted
Posted

Very impressive ! For comparison purposes what is the population where that LTO office is located?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The only smoke test center on the island of Cebu south of Carcar is located a few kilometers north of us.  They are shut down for four months because their testing equipment broke down.  Carcar is about a 2 or 2 1/2 hour drive from us.  Told the wife we will be late and just pay the penalty.  This is the same station where I smoke tested my scooter with the engine not running.  Watch a mid-size truck being tested with the engine not running.  When the truck left about six guys had to give it a push to get it started.  Left a trail of black and blue smoke you could see for 100s of meters.  You could probably make some serious money setting up a center in the middle or southern part of the island.  But you would probably also generate enemies, red tape, and bribes.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Possum said:

Very impressive ! For comparison purposes what is the population where that LTO office is located?

That office is a sub-office of the other SBFZ LTO.  Just two girls in there and they only do registration renewals.  The main SBFZ LTO is a few KM away.  It is not a big one.  They also do a good job at that LTO for all the other stuff.  A short distance away is Olongapo LTO, which is the largest in the area and the busiest.

I think the Olongapo / SBFZ area has 3-400,000 residents but these offices would serve a larger area.

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Nice, our 3 years of free LTO is up in March so should be an interesting experience. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Nice, our 3 years of free LTO is up in March so should be an interesting experience. 

Can you do 3 years at a time or is only dealers with new cars?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Can you do 3 years at a time or is only dealers with new cars?

Not sure, AM doesn't know either but she suspects 1 year. 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

This pretty much puts the cherry on the "the Philippines is 1st World" cake for me.  This is a cleaner operation than the District of Columbia has!!!!

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Joey G said:

This pretty much puts the cherry on the "the Philippines is 1st World" cake for me.  This is a cleaner operation than the District of Columbia has!!!!

Philippines can be anywhere from first world to developing country depending on where you choose to live and your income.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Philippines can be anywhere from first world to developing country depending on where you choose to live and your income.

Agree Mike... and the same can be said for California :)

• Like 2