Marine Corps veteran is kicked off Delta aircraft over 'threatening' T-shirt

Lee
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, HappyJack said:

Or better yet, Delta's pilots, which are mostly retired military should start a slowdown until management apologies.

Instead of an apology, a explanation of what the FA found so offensive could be enlightening. 

The Marine had gone through to or 2 or 3 checkins before getting to to her seat on the plane. Only a single FA had an issue with the t shirt from start to finish?

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted

Delta could help resolve this situation by a 6 figure donation to the veteran suicide prevention cause that the Marine was championing.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Lee said:

Delta could help resolve this situation by a 6   7 figure donation to the veteran suicide prevention cause that the Marine was championing.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

In recent years I have started booking all our flights to/from the US using Japanese or Korean airlines. The service overall is much better than US carriers.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Delta could also help by recruiting staff with more than half a brain....and from what I've observed...half the bulk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Possum
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Delta could also help by recruiting staff with more than half a brain....and from what I've observed...half the bulk. 

I noticed some wider than the carts they push down the aisle. In an emergency they are supposed to help you get off the plane . The first obstacle is getting around them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

Delta could also help by recruiting staff with more than half a brain....and from what I've observed...half the bulk

That and the half-assed service. This is how I know I'm home again.

• Like 2

Possum
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, baronapart said:

That and the half-assed service. This is how I know I'm home again.

I am a Delta Million Miler and I've watched the deterioration of their service over the years. NONE of the US international carriers are much to brag about and that's where their most senior employees work. The domestic routes get the ones with the least seniority. I'm still waiting for an explanation from Delta about this incident. Even with the perks I have with my Delta status I prefer to travel with ANA or JAL when going to the USA . The price is the same or better and the service far above.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There is no follow up to the story other than the vet said Delta reached out to her.  And no statement from Delta, so my guess is that Delta made a quick offer to settle the matter that included a non-disclosure agreement.

• Hmm thinking 1