Dating In The Philippines

lou
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for your advice and encouragement. Two more sleeps and I'm on the plane. I've been chatting online with a few girls in the PI. I may meet one or more of them and I may not. I'm not in a big hurry to do anything when I get there. I want to travel a bit and see Cebu and Baguio and Apo Island and Siquijor and Leyte , the Camotes, Palawan, and lots of other places too, but I will eventually stop somewhere. Some of the gals I have chatted with have offered to meet me at the airport and show me around and introduce me to their families.I think that is very nice and i appreciate that but i have respectfully declined. I would rather make a soft landing and fly under the radar for a while until I get a grasp of the society and culture. And I will definitely stick to public places until I can sense someone's "vibes". Many of the girls I have chatted and emailed with want to get married and want to know if i am looking for a wife. I tell them I MIGHT be looking for a GIRLFRIEND. Maybe. If i met the right lady, maybe. For me, the girlfriend part has to come first. I could not even consider getting married to someone that I haven't know really well for six months or a year. Some of the girls seem surprised by that. Some think that a month or two is plenty of time to get to know someone well enough to get married. And I understand about marrying the old rich white guy thing. So my next question is: If you go out with a gal for a month or two are you expected to marry her? What is the norm in the PI ? Is there a lot of pressure to get married? If so, maybe I will just stick to the traveling part and leave the girls alone. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Mik
Posted
Posted

"just stick to the traveling part and leave the girls alone" When you stop traveling, just have a maid come in twice a week to cook and clean. No sleep overs. Keep your life simple..

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
"just stick to the traveling part and leave the girls alone" When you stop traveling, just have a maid come in twice a week to cook and clean. No sleep overs. Keep your life simple..
I think once Lou is on the ground everything else will fall into place,no matter what advice is given once hit by cupids arrow then everything else goes out the window.SugarwareZ-225.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I think once Lou is on the ground everything else will fall into place,no matter what advice is given once hit by cupids arrow then everything else goes out the window.SugarwareZ-225.gif
Just be careful Lou, the more the temptation, the greater the chances to complicate your travel plans and enjoyment, unless you can afford a traveling companion who isn't a gold digger or want to pressure you into marriage! Everyone here all have their fingers crossed for you! Good luck and enjoy your time in the Philippines!:thumbs-up-smile: