Mandaue As Place To Live?

UZI
Posted
Posted
Hi Uzi, (btw it's Roy), I ended up in Australia because was on vacation there and met my Filipino wife. A widow with 2 young boys..now 21 and 23. That's how I became involved with the Philippines and it's high's and low's, good and bad.BM..Wasn't saying that people in sub-divisions are snobs, only referring to posts where encounters have been had with those living beyond their means, being something they are not and disappearing into the dark, leaving unpaid debts behind. All fur coat and no knickers. And those who try and impose their snob opinions on those who don't care for it.So Don, apologies for my deviation in parts off the topic but Uzi put it in a nutshell.......Don, you need to set your priorities out. What makes a good place for YOU. Lots of people to socialize with? Or peace & quiet? Near to the 'action'? Or do you mean where other Expats live?
.........sorry ROY.........my bad. This thread shows that 'general' questions, will get general answers & posters will elaborate on the question in these instances. Not always a bad thing to wander outside the topic a little as it opens the thread up to the bigger picture at times & also keeps the thread alive. So Don, come back with your needs here. As you can see, members WILL give you their POV, good & bad. Uzi.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)
This thread shows that 'general' questions, will get general answers & posters will elaborate on the question in these instances. Not always a bad thing to wander outside the topic a little as it opens the thread up to the bigger picture at times & also keeps the thread alive. So Don, come back with your needs here. As you can see, members WILL give you their POV, good & bad. Uzi.
th_exactly.gifagree.gif Ok Uzi, maybe we can meet up in a couple of weeks and have a emostrongbow.gif Edited by Mr. Lee
repair quote

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Howdy Do any members live in Mandaue Cebu?I would like information such as, is it a good area? close to the needs of an expat,rental prices etc.Thanks for any information at all and much appreciated.Don
Hi Don,Mandaue is a large area - it stretches from Consolacion in the north to Wireless in the south and from almost Lapu-lapu in the east to Banilad in the west.If you live in the western or southern parts you will generally pay higher rental prices but are closer to the bars and restaurants that many westerners frequent.I live in Consolacion, about 200m from the northern boundary with Mandaue and rent here is much cheaper, we have a very good supermarket and it only takes 20 minutes to get to the city.Paul

Markham
Posted
Posted

Mae and I used to live in Consolacion but moved to Agro-Macro in Mandaue at the end of last year. Agro-Macro is part of a trio of sub-divisions that share the same access road off ML Quezon, the other two being Greenhills and Villa Terrace. Price-wise it's in the middle, Greenhills is somewhat older style housing whilst Villa Terrace is super-expensive: a new 2 bedroom, 1 CR rowhouse in that sub-division cost 14M Pesos! We pay 35k a month rent and 200 Association Fees and water for a very large 3 bedroom, 3CR house. We're almost 1 km from any main road so the air is somewhat cleaner than in other parts of metro Cebu.However we're off to Davao later this week to check-out properties and facilities there after receiving a very positive recommendation from a New Zealander friend of ours who's just returned from a visit there.Mark

DScott
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for some answers.Seems I have been some what broad in my questions so I will try to narrow them down  some.MandaueRent budget around 15000, is this the right area to find this ?Close to supermarket or mall,no need for girl bars but good food restaurants is a plus.I think ancientrocka answered that.Would like some contact with other Expats but no need to live next door,some where with not too much traffic close by as the noise would drive me mad.Transport by way of easy taxi access.This might be impossible but would be good to be able to go for a walk without falling down an open hole or broken side walk.Perhaps my question should be,where in Cebu city is the safest,convenient area for a middle class Expat to live with some comforts of home without breaking the bank?Don