No More Willing Willy

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
more info about this person, amazing that this has gone on for so long. A GAME show host has stirred a tempest in a teacup by encouraging a teary-eyed boy of six to gyrate obscenely on national TV. The act, bereft of all good taste, outraged many viewers, including the Commissioner on Human Rights, who remarked that the act constituted child abuse. Other personalities from the entertainment industry agreed and publicly said so, much to the chagrin of the game show host, who has built a huge personal fortune by offering generous cash prizes to the poor members of his audience, punctuated by the gyrations of scantily clad women who dance mindlessly at the drop of a hat. It is standard fare for such shows, but this particular host has turned the commercial combination of greed, sex, poor taste and vapidity into a science.now here is the juiciest :thats-funny:This was, after all, the marketing genius who screened game participants to make sure they were not too intelligent, in the cynical belief that stupid is funnier. This was also the same TV personality who washed his hands of all responsibility when poor folk lining up for his show at the Ultra stadium in February 2006 stampeded, killing 78 people, mostly poor old women and children.The debate over the six-year-old dancer percolated in blogs and on other social media for days before one national daily picked up the thread and ran it as front-page news. Following a flurry of show business attacks, the game show host challenged his critics, including a world-acclaimed Broadway star, to do what he had been doing for the poor—that is, poke fun at them and then throw them some cash to keep them smiling—though those were not his words.:dreams:the rest of this article can be found at http://www.manilasta...d=2011/april/13 Betraying the public trust
No wonder! You've been reading an Editorial Opinion! So, don't believe every opinion you read as the facts! Are you a Pinoy and up to date on the latest gossip? I'm a Pinoy and I don't believe everything I read in news media, especially an editorial opinion, because it's just an opinion and not the facts!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Quote me wrong, he also had his show running during the Aquino funeral. Saying that the funeral procession was ugly to watch. And his show he trying to make people happy. th_signs083.gif
You're wrong! That wasn't what happened! Willie told them not to run it before hand, but some one else gave the go ahead! The Aquino family knows the truth, Willie wasn't to blame!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
It looked to me like the boy just had a touch of stage fright but probably talks it up to his friends, after the fact, like it was the highlight of his life. He wasn't doing anything wrong. The kids here dance like that all the time. It seems he was performing to a filipino audience and being judged by western moralists.
If many people denounce Willie Revillame for allegedly exploiting six-year-old Jan-Jan, an equal number, or even more, swears by him. I’ve made an investigation into the controversy and found out that Jan-Jan did not cry because he was forced to gyrate in front of the TV camera. The boy cried because he got scared of Bonel Balingit, a mean-looking man on the show, whom Jan-Jan thought was a “kapre.” If ever there was exploitation, it was not Jan-Jan who was exploited but Balingit, whose ugliness was being made fun of.Perhaps this is the real reason the media.his fans, and people have it ALL wrong..:hystery:here is the url from where i obtained this posthttp://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/metro/view/20110411-330644/What-exploitation-are-they-talking-about Edited by ed villas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
It looked to me like the boy just had a touch of stage fright but probably talks it up to his friends, after the fact, like it was the highlight of his life. He wasn't doing anything wrong. The kids here dance like that all the time. It seems he was performing to a filipino audience and being judged by western moralists.
If many people denounce Willie Revillame for allegedly exploiting six-year-old Jan-Jan, an equal number, or even more, swears by him. I’ve made an investigation into the controversy and found out that Jan-Jan did not cry because he was forced to gyrate in front of the TV camera. The boy cried because he got scared of Bonel Balingit, a mean-looking man on the show, whom Jan-Jan thought was a “kapre.” If ever there was exploitation, it was not Jan-Jan who was exploited but Balingit, whose ugliness was being made fun of.Perhaps this is the real reason the media, his fans, and people have it ALL wrong..:hystery:here is the url from where i obtained this posthttp://newsinfo.inqu...y-talking-about
Well ed villas, you finally said something of truth this time! I told you the truth will come out, but it's not over yet, because it's just the beginning if and when Willie has his day in court, if and when he goes through with it without backing down! We'll see eventually or not, because he just may retire, say "screw it all" and just smile all the way to the bank! Who knows!!!!!!! Anyway, I don't really care one way or the other, because I don't enjoy watching Filipino variety shows, it's all nonsense and a waste of my TV watching time! I have enough movie series episodes and full length movies I've downloaded to keep me occupied for months! Edited by Art2ro

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Allegations have began, first with the instigators of the unjustifiable accusation of child abuse, the Commission on Human Rights, which a hearing was conducted on March 12 concerning Willing Willie's episode as being biased and one big sham. “The CHR's bias is very evident in the testimony of self-proclaimed child psychology expert, Dr. Honey Carandang, who has declared Revillame guilty of child abuse without having examined the alleged victim or his family. This amounts to malpractice,” said Willie's counsel, which IMHO is most likely the truth than anything else since it sure seems to be a conspiracy out to get Willie and to topple his empire by any means by ABS-CBN who has been on his case ever since Willie walked out from their show Wowwowee, but can it be proven in a court of law that is so corrupted here in the Philippines! As I've said time and time again, we'll just have to wait and see how the drama will play out! IMHO, Willie has been unfairly accused, publicly humiliated and stripped of his livelihood unjustly without due process of the law, which is truly an outrage as I see it, but there are other people out there that don't see it that way because of their narrow mindedness! http://www.journal.c...s-chr-carandang

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Funny thing.about Wilie and now about Mcdonalds . MCDonalds pulled out a 30-second ad after the CBCP said it could send a wrong message to children about relationships.""In the commercial, a little girl asks a boy if she was already his girlfriend. The boy says no, claiming girlfriends are too demanding. However, he seemingly changes his mind when the girl says all she wants is the P25 French fries."" YET the CBCP has been eerie quite about the Willie situation. what a strange world we live in.:buttkick: