Customs Charges

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

has any one been able to get the REAL ,TRUE RULES on what the fees.taxes.surcharges really are. ashame that they :cheersty: you on a STORAGE fees. I have had packages sent, they.local post office both in Sta rosa,laguna & Mandalyuong said any value over 3000php. but they could not show me the"rules" . they do charge a CUSTOMS FEE (usually 40 php about 1 USD) just to pick up any package that is "registered" or have a "value" declared . . next time just take a Condom with you.( message me if you want to know more as it may not be appropriate to list in open forum):Policeman:

Edited by ed villas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Personal Effects using FedExPersonal effects or goods that have been used by or obtained by importer of record while living abroad and that have been in use for at least 6 months are acceptable for importation and may qualify for duty and tax exemption depending on the importers status and residency. Goods consigned as personal effects must not be mixed with non-qualifying goods and the importer may be required to provide proof of ownership and sales receipts at the discretion of Customs. Personal effects are subject to physical examination and the importer is required to provide a detailed commercial invoice and a packing list to expedite customs processing. All documents prepared for the shipment should identify the contents as Personal Effects, including the bill of lading or Air waybill used for transport to avoid improper presentation and processing with customs. There are no value limitations on the goods being imported but duties and taxes may be assessed if the amount of goods presented as personal effects is excessive.Returning Philippine residents, who have stayed abroad for 6 months, or more receive tax exemption for goods valued at 10,000 PHP or below. Any excess of PHP10, 000.00 is subject to 50% across the board ad valorem duty.Rest of the info can be found here on the FedEx website: http://fedex.com/us/...rofile.html#D01

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Personal Effects using FedExPersonal effects or goods that have been used by or obtained by importer of record while living abroad and that have been in use for at least 6 months are acceptable for importation and may qualify for duty and tax exemption depending on the importers status and residency. Goods consigned as personal effects must not be mixed with non-qualifying goods and the importer may be required to provide proof of ownership and sales receipts at the discretion of Customs. Personal effects are subject to physical examination and the importer is required to provide a detailed commercial invoice and a packing list to expedite customs processing. All documents prepared for the shipment should identify the contents as Personal Effects, including the bill of lading or Air waybill used for transport to avoid improper presentation and processing with customs. There are no value limitations on the goods being imported but duties and taxes may be assessed if the amount of goods presented as personal effects is excessive.Returning Philippine residents, who have stayed abroad for 6 months, or more receive tax exemption for goods valued at 10,000 PHP or below. Any excess of PHP10, 000.00 is subject to 50% across the board ad valorem duty.Rest of the info can be found here on the FedEx website: http://fedex.com/us/...rofile.html#D01
YES that has much information, but have you found the "customs" or "official" government listing .my experience. again just mine. is 1. sometimes the "official" doesnt really know what the "CURRENT" rules .or status is. 2.Most but not all some do consider what another "website" has listed as the "TRUE" government rules(.just dont care attitude) but it helps to have it.should you have the government rules/list that will help tremendously 3. just have a very friendly attitude,as they are the 1's in charge.ART2ro thanks for your posting. very helpful :Policeman: